Yates to lead CanCan construction
D’IBERVILLE — W.G. Yates & Sons will lead the construction of the CanCan Casino Resort and Spa in D’Iberville. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
President of CanCan Casino Resort and Spa, Joseph V. Manno, said, “We are extremely pleased and excited that Yates will sign on to build Mississippi’s next world-class resort destination. They are widely respected across the United States as a top-notch construction company that delivers on time, on budget and routinely exceeds customer expectations.”
Yates proved themselves in the casino construction sector by being the driving force behind the construction of the Beau Rivage in Biloxi and the Mississippi Band of Choctaw’s Golden Moon and Silver Star casinos in Philadelphia. Yates was also the lead construction company for the Borgata Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, N.J., and the Isle of Capri at Pompano Park in Pompano Beach, Fla.
In addition to its casino and resort projects, Yates has also built numerous luxury condominium towers across the Southeast.
This is not the first time Manno and Yates have collaborated on a casino project. In 2005, Manno headed the development of the Havana Casino in Biloxi. Hurricane Katrina later derailed the project.
“We knew we had the best builders in Mississippi for the Havana project and we are pleased to have another opportunity to work with Yates,” Manno said.
Yates will be responsible for building the 60,000-square-foot waterfront casino, hotel, and spa on five acres east of Interstate 110 overlooking scenic Biloxi Back Bay.
When completed, CanCan will include a 60,000-square-foot casino with 1,800 slots and 40 gaming tables, four restaurants, a French spa, 250 rooms and suites and two exclusive retail outlets.
CanCan will employ about 1,400 people.
“The City of D’Iberville has been working hard for many years to transform our downtown and waterfront into areas where retail shops, restaurants and unique attractions can flourish,” City Manager Michael Janus said. “The CanCan project will help us realize these plans.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Yates to lead CanCan construction”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money