Port sets up decontamination station
PASCAGOULA — The Port of Pascagoula has set up a decontamination station to check incoming vessels for oil on their hulls.
Port Director Mark McAndrews says the station is set up at the channel entrance, and any ship that has oil on its hull is being cleaned before entering the channel. McAndrews told The Mississippi Press that the oil threat hasn’t had much of an impact on ship traffic yet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections