Port sets up decontamination station
PASCAGOULA — The Port of Pascagoula has set up a decontamination station to check incoming vessels for oil on their hulls.
Port Director Mark McAndrews says the station is set up at the channel entrance, and any ship that has oil on its hull is being cleaned before entering the channel. McAndrews told The Mississippi Press that the oil threat hasn’t had much of an impact on ship traffic yet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers