Port sets up decontamination station
PASCAGOULA — The Port of Pascagoula has set up a decontamination station to check incoming vessels for oil on their hulls.
Port Director Mark McAndrews says the station is set up at the channel entrance, and any ship that has oil on its hull is being cleaned before entering the channel. McAndrews told The Mississippi Press that the oil threat hasn’t had much of an impact on ship traffic yet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss