Severstal Columbus takes home two awards
COLUMBUS — Severstal Columbus, LLC, has received two awards recognizing its progressive employee-relations practices.
The steelmaker received the Director’s Award from East Mississippi Community College as demonstration of Severstal Columbus’ commitment to workforce training, human resources systems and processes and management excellence. The award is the highest recognition given by the college during its annual Industry Appreciation Day.
Severstal Columbus also received the Defense Employer Support Freedom Award from the U.S. Secretary of Defense and Mississippi Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve organization. This award is the highest recognition given by the U.S. government to companies for support of their employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve. All nominations for this award come from employees or family members. Currently, seven Severstal Columbus employees serve in the National Guard and its reserves.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate