Severstal Columbus takes home two awards
COLUMBUS — Severstal Columbus, LLC, has received two awards recognizing its progressive employee-relations practices.
The steelmaker received the Director’s Award from East Mississippi Community College as demonstration of Severstal Columbus’ commitment to workforce training, human resources systems and processes and management excellence. The award is the highest recognition given by the college during its annual Industry Appreciation Day.
Severstal Columbus also received the Defense Employer Support Freedom Award from the U.S. Secretary of Defense and Mississippi Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve organization. This award is the highest recognition given by the U.S. government to companies for support of their employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve. All nominations for this award come from employees or family members. Currently, seven Severstal Columbus employees serve in the National Guard and its reserves.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal