Severstal Columbus takes home two awards
COLUMBUS — Severstal Columbus, LLC, has received two awards recognizing its progressive employee-relations practices.
The steelmaker received the Director’s Award from East Mississippi Community College as demonstration of Severstal Columbus’ commitment to workforce training, human resources systems and processes and management excellence. The award is the highest recognition given by the college during its annual Industry Appreciation Day.
Severstal Columbus also received the Defense Employer Support Freedom Award from the U.S. Secretary of Defense and Mississippi Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve organization. This award is the highest recognition given by the U.S. government to companies for support of their employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve. All nominations for this award come from employees or family members. Currently, seven Severstal Columbus employees serve in the National Guard and its reserves.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics