Severstal Columbus takes home two awards
COLUMBUS — Severstal Columbus, LLC, has received two awards recognizing its progressive employee-relations practices.
The steelmaker received the Director’s Award from East Mississippi Community College as demonstration of Severstal Columbus’ commitment to workforce training, human resources systems and processes and management excellence. The award is the highest recognition given by the college during its annual Industry Appreciation Day.
Severstal Columbus also received the Defense Employer Support Freedom Award from the U.S. Secretary of Defense and Mississippi Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve organization. This award is the highest recognition given by the U.S. government to companies for support of their employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve. All nominations for this award come from employees or family members. Currently, seven Severstal Columbus employees serve in the National Guard and its reserves.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state