Severstal Columbus takes home two awards
COLUMBUS — Severstal Columbus, LLC, has received two awards recognizing its progressive employee-relations practices.
The steelmaker received the Director’s Award from East Mississippi Community College as demonstration of Severstal Columbus’ commitment to workforce training, human resources systems and processes and management excellence. The award is the highest recognition given by the college during its annual Industry Appreciation Day.
Severstal Columbus also received the Defense Employer Support Freedom Award from the U.S. Secretary of Defense and Mississippi Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve organization. This award is the highest recognition given by the U.S. government to companies for support of their employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve. All nominations for this award come from employees or family members. Currently, seven Severstal Columbus employees serve in the National Guard and its reserves.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access