Barbour calls for more oil cleanup volunteers
by Associated Press
Published: May 13,2010
Tags: oil spill
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Gov. Haley Barbour says no oil from a leaking well has reached the state’s shores, but he is calling on people to volunteer in case their help is needed cleaning up in the future.
Barbour said during a news conference yesterday in Biloxi that 9,000 people and 315 vessels have been signed up to help.
He urged more people to sign up as leaders make preparations to protect vital ecosystems with boats, booms and volunteers.
Barbour stressed that the oil remains miles from Mississippi shores and that tourists should not cancel vacation plans.
He said, “Mississippi is open for business.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Barbour calls for more oil cleanup volunteers”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property