Community college raises fall tuition
POPLARVILLE — Tuition will increase this fall at Pearl River Community College in Poplarville.
The Hattiesburg American reports the college’s board of trustees voted this week to raise tuition from $850 to $1,000 per semester.
Part-time students will pay $100 per credit hour, an increase of $10 per credit hour.
PRCC officials cited state budget concerns as the reason for the increase. College President William Lewis said that the school is trying to reduce expenditures while serving an increasing student population.
PRCC’s enrollment increased from approximately 4,600 students in fall 2008 to more than 5,100 students in fall 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community college raises fall tuition”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip