Community college raises fall tuition
POPLARVILLE — Tuition will increase this fall at Pearl River Community College in Poplarville.
The Hattiesburg American reports the college’s board of trustees voted this week to raise tuition from $850 to $1,000 per semester.
Part-time students will pay $100 per credit hour, an increase of $10 per credit hour.
PRCC officials cited state budget concerns as the reason for the increase. College President William Lewis said that the school is trying to reduce expenditures while serving an increasing student population.
PRCC’s enrollment increased from approximately 4,600 students in fall 2008 to more than 5,100 students in fall 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community college raises fall tuition”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi