Community college raises fall tuition
POPLARVILLE — Tuition will increase this fall at Pearl River Community College in Poplarville.
The Hattiesburg American reports the college’s board of trustees voted this week to raise tuition from $850 to $1,000 per semester.
Part-time students will pay $100 per credit hour, an increase of $10 per credit hour.
PRCC officials cited state budget concerns as the reason for the increase. College President William Lewis said that the school is trying to reduce expenditures while serving an increasing student population.
PRCC’s enrollment increased from approximately 4,600 students in fall 2008 to more than 5,100 students in fall 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community college raises fall tuition”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'