Community college raises fall tuition
POPLARVILLE — Tuition will increase this fall at Pearl River Community College in Poplarville.
The Hattiesburg American reports the college’s board of trustees voted this week to raise tuition from $850 to $1,000 per semester.
Part-time students will pay $100 per credit hour, an increase of $10 per credit hour.
PRCC officials cited state budget concerns as the reason for the increase. College President William Lewis said that the school is trying to reduce expenditures while serving an increasing student population.
PRCC’s enrollment increased from approximately 4,600 students in fall 2008 to more than 5,100 students in fall 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Community college raises fall tuition”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image