MEMA adds Flickr to social-media toolkit
Published: May 14,2010
PEARL — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) continues to find new ways to use social media to better inform and interact with the public.
In addition to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, people may now visit Flickr, a free online photo sharing tool, to view images from recent disasters MEMA has responded to.
Viewers will find images of destruction left by the April 23 tornado and flooding from the severe weather that struck northern Mississippi counties May 1-2. The photostream is available at www.flickr.com/photos/msema.
In addition to emergency response photographs, MEMA also intends to post photos to highlight recovery efforts throughout the state and promote educational events and presentations.
“People want to see what MEMA does and remember the incidents that we recover from,” said MEMA director Mike Womack. “By using this photo sharing tool, we are able to document the events and disasters MEMA responds to and provide people information they want to have.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “MEMA adds Flickr to social-media toolkit”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks