MEMA adds Flickr to social-media toolkit
Published: May 14,2010
PEARL — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) continues to find new ways to use social media to better inform and interact with the public.
In addition to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, people may now visit Flickr, a free online photo sharing tool, to view images from recent disasters MEMA has responded to.
Viewers will find images of destruction left by the April 23 tornado and flooding from the severe weather that struck northern Mississippi counties May 1-2. The photostream is available at www.flickr.com/photos/msema.
In addition to emergency response photographs, MEMA also intends to post photos to highlight recovery efforts throughout the state and promote educational events and presentations.
“People want to see what MEMA does and remember the incidents that we recover from,” said MEMA director Mike Womack. “By using this photo sharing tool, we are able to document the events and disasters MEMA responds to and provide people information they want to have.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “MEMA adds Flickr to social-media toolkit”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- Nissan supplier efforts key to more Miss. output
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi poultry industry's hub system behind today's success
- MBJ Business Person of the Year: Joe Sanderson Jr.
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- TODD SMITH'S SPIN CYCLE: Top 10 toy brands that won holiday social media blitz