Shaw Group wins Grand Gulf contract
PORT GIBSON — The Shaw Group Inc. of Baton Rouge, La., has been awarded a contract with Entergy Operation Inc., a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation, to provide extended power uprate (EPU) plant modifications at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station in Port Gibson.
The new contract follows a phase one EPU assessment conducted by Shaw’s nuclear engineering team.
Under the new contract, Shaw will provide engineering, procurement and construction services designed to add approximately 178 megawatts of power generation to Grand Gulf Nuclear Station. Engineering and procurement are underway with construction to follow to install plant modifications in spring 2012.
Shaw subsidiaries have provided engineering or maintenance services to nuclear power plants owned or purchased by Entergy since 1973. Shaw’s maintenance contract with Entergy expanded in 2003 and was renewed in 2009 to provide fleetwide nuclear maintenance, modifications and capital construction services to Entergy.
Shaw also has provided several engineering studies and services in the past several years related to uprates at several Entergy nuclear plants,
“Our long history of nuclear engineering experience combined with our outstanding nuclear maintenance performance places Shaw in the best position to respond to industry demand to provide more energy,” said Fred Buckman, president of Shaw’s Power Group. The value of Shaw’s contract is $197 million, which will be included in Shaw’s Fossil, Renewables & Nuclear segment’s backlog of unfilled orders in the third quarter of fiscal year 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route