Shaw Group wins Grand Gulf contract
PORT GIBSON — The Shaw Group Inc. of Baton Rouge, La., has been awarded a contract with Entergy Operation Inc., a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation, to provide extended power uprate (EPU) plant modifications at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station in Port Gibson.
The new contract follows a phase one EPU assessment conducted by Shaw’s nuclear engineering team.
Under the new contract, Shaw will provide engineering, procurement and construction services designed to add approximately 178 megawatts of power generation to Grand Gulf Nuclear Station. Engineering and procurement are underway with construction to follow to install plant modifications in spring 2012.
Shaw subsidiaries have provided engineering or maintenance services to nuclear power plants owned or purchased by Entergy since 1973. Shaw’s maintenance contract with Entergy expanded in 2003 and was renewed in 2009 to provide fleetwide nuclear maintenance, modifications and capital construction services to Entergy.
Shaw also has provided several engineering studies and services in the past several years related to uprates at several Entergy nuclear plants,
“Our long history of nuclear engineering experience combined with our outstanding nuclear maintenance performance places Shaw in the best position to respond to industry demand to provide more energy,” said Fred Buckman, president of Shaw’s Power Group. The value of Shaw’s contract is $197 million, which will be included in Shaw’s Fossil, Renewables & Nuclear segment’s backlog of unfilled orders in the third quarter of fiscal year 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring