Boone inducted into Hall of Fame
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
BancorpSouth Inc. announced that Chris Boone, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc., was recently inducted into the Mississippi State University (MSU) Insurance Hall of Fame.
Now residing in Madison, Boone is a 1986 graduate of MSU and joined BancorpSouth Insurance Services in 1992 as a commercial insurance producer at Stewart Sneed Hewes in Gulfport, which merged with BancorpSouth in 1999.
Boone is currently serving his second term as chairman of the board of directors of the Mississippi Windstorm Underwriting Association. He was appointed to this board in 2001 by the state insurance commissioner.
Last year he was elected chairman of the board of the Independent Insurance Agents Association of Mississippi where he has served since 2000 in various capacities. Boone also now serves as chairman of the National Flood Insurance Producer’s Committee in Washington, D.C.
Boone also is the current national co-chairman of the American Bankers Insurance Association’s Property & Casualty Best Practices Committee and a board member and past chairman of the Mississippi Surplus Lines Association. He serves on the advisory board of MSU’s Chair of Insurance and also serves on the advisory boards of several insurance companies.
Three others were inducted into the Insurance Hall of Fame with Boone. They are C. Lamar McDonald Jr. of Meridian, producer at Meyer and Rosenbaum Insurance Agency; Ronnie Tubertini of Jackson, president of Southgroup Insurance; and, Tyler Wortham of Coffeeville, owner of Coffeeville Insurance Agency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life