Boone inducted into Hall of Fame
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
BancorpSouth Inc. announced that Chris Boone, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc., was recently inducted into the Mississippi State University (MSU) Insurance Hall of Fame.
Now residing in Madison, Boone is a 1986 graduate of MSU and joined BancorpSouth Insurance Services in 1992 as a commercial insurance producer at Stewart Sneed Hewes in Gulfport, which merged with BancorpSouth in 1999.
Boone is currently serving his second term as chairman of the board of directors of the Mississippi Windstorm Underwriting Association. He was appointed to this board in 2001 by the state insurance commissioner.
Last year he was elected chairman of the board of the Independent Insurance Agents Association of Mississippi where he has served since 2000 in various capacities. Boone also now serves as chairman of the National Flood Insurance Producer’s Committee in Washington, D.C.
Boone also is the current national co-chairman of the American Bankers Insurance Association’s Property & Casualty Best Practices Committee and a board member and past chairman of the Mississippi Surplus Lines Association. He serves on the advisory board of MSU’s Chair of Insurance and also serves on the advisory boards of several insurance companies.
Three others were inducted into the Insurance Hall of Fame with Boone. They are C. Lamar McDonald Jr. of Meridian, producer at Meyer and Rosenbaum Insurance Agency; Ronnie Tubertini of Jackson, president of Southgroup Insurance; and, Tyler Wortham of Coffeeville, owner of Coffeeville Insurance Agency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino