Boone inducted into Hall of Fame
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
BancorpSouth Inc. announced that Chris Boone, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc., was recently inducted into the Mississippi State University (MSU) Insurance Hall of Fame.
Now residing in Madison, Boone is a 1986 graduate of MSU and joined BancorpSouth Insurance Services in 1992 as a commercial insurance producer at Stewart Sneed Hewes in Gulfport, which merged with BancorpSouth in 1999.
Boone is currently serving his second term as chairman of the board of directors of the Mississippi Windstorm Underwriting Association. He was appointed to this board in 2001 by the state insurance commissioner.
Last year he was elected chairman of the board of the Independent Insurance Agents Association of Mississippi where he has served since 2000 in various capacities. Boone also now serves as chairman of the National Flood Insurance Producer’s Committee in Washington, D.C.
Boone also is the current national co-chairman of the American Bankers Insurance Association’s Property & Casualty Best Practices Committee and a board member and past chairman of the Mississippi Surplus Lines Association. He serves on the advisory board of MSU’s Chair of Insurance and also serves on the advisory boards of several insurance companies.
Three others were inducted into the Insurance Hall of Fame with Boone. They are C. Lamar McDonald Jr. of Meridian, producer at Meyer and Rosenbaum Insurance Agency; Ronnie Tubertini of Jackson, president of Southgroup Insurance; and, Tyler Wortham of Coffeeville, owner of Coffeeville Insurance Agency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!