Castleberry to replace Twedt
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed of Kelly Castleberry of Biloxi to the position of District Six Engineer effective this summer.
A native of Collierville, Tenn., Castleberry graduated with a bachelor of science of civil engineering at Mississippi State University in 1996. Upon graduation, he moved to the Mississippi Coast and accepted a position with MDOT at the Escatawpa Project Office as an engineering intern and earned his professional engineering license in 2001. Castleberry held the roles of project engineer and later resident engineer at the Ocean Springs Project Office.
In 2008, he was promoted to Gulf Coast regional engineer. In recent years, Castleberry has overseen projects such as the construction of the Pascagoula High Rise Bridge, the Biloxi Bay Bridge, Interstate 10 widening and bridges and U.S. 90 reconstruction following Hurricane Katrina.
Castleberry and his wife, Stephanie, have two sons, Kellan and Caiden.
Castleberry assumes the position of District Engineer July 1, 2010. Steven Twedt, current District Six engineer, has announced that he will retire effective June 30, following 23 years service with MDOT, the last three as the district engineer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Castleberry to replace Twedt”
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs