Chamber gives Cochran high marks
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) was recently honored on Capitol Hill by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and presented with the Spirit of Enterprise Award for his pro-business record during the first session of the 111th Congress.
Eligibility for the award is based on how members of Congress vote on key business issues, which the Chamber outlines in its annual publication “How They Voted.” According to the scorecard, Cochran maintained an 86 percent rating with the Chamber this year and collectively holds an 87 percent ranking during his tenure in Congress.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones