Chamber gives Cochran high marks
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) was recently honored on Capitol Hill by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and presented with the Spirit of Enterprise Award for his pro-business record during the first session of the 111th Congress.
Eligibility for the award is based on how members of Congress vote on key business issues, which the Chamber outlines in its annual publication “How They Voted.” According to the scorecard, Cochran maintained an 86 percent rating with the Chamber this year and collectively holds an 87 percent ranking during his tenure in Congress.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history