Chamber gives Cochran high marks
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) was recently honored on Capitol Hill by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and presented with the Spirit of Enterprise Award for his pro-business record during the first session of the 111th Congress.
Eligibility for the award is based on how members of Congress vote on key business issues, which the Chamber outlines in its annual publication “How They Voted.” According to the scorecard, Cochran maintained an 86 percent rating with the Chamber this year and collectively holds an 87 percent ranking during his tenure in Congress.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy