Chamber gives Cochran high marks
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) was recently honored on Capitol Hill by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and presented with the Spirit of Enterprise Award for his pro-business record during the first session of the 111th Congress.
Eligibility for the award is based on how members of Congress vote on key business issues, which the Chamber outlines in its annual publication “How They Voted.” According to the scorecard, Cochran maintained an 86 percent rating with the Chamber this year and collectively holds an 87 percent ranking during his tenure in Congress.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015