Chamber gives Cochran high marks
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) was recently honored on Capitol Hill by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and presented with the Spirit of Enterprise Award for his pro-business record during the first session of the 111th Congress.
Eligibility for the award is based on how members of Congress vote on key business issues, which the Chamber outlines in its annual publication “How They Voted.” According to the scorecard, Cochran maintained an 86 percent rating with the Chamber this year and collectively holds an 87 percent ranking during his tenure in Congress.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma