Chamber gives Cochran high marks
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) was recently honored on Capitol Hill by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and presented with the Spirit of Enterprise Award for his pro-business record during the first session of the 111th Congress.
Eligibility for the award is based on how members of Congress vote on key business issues, which the Chamber outlines in its annual publication “How They Voted.” According to the scorecard, Cochran maintained an 86 percent rating with the Chamber this year and collectively holds an 87 percent ranking during his tenure in Congress.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program