Chambers added by Alliance
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Janice Chambers, one of Mississippi State University’s William L. Giles Distinguished Professors, is becoming research director for Delta Health Alliance, a non-profit collaboration of state institutions and agencies. She retains a half-time appointment as professor of basic sciences in MSU’s College of Veterinary Medicine, where she long has directed the Center for Environmental Health Sciences.
Last year, Chambers was appointed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as vice chair of the Human Studies Review Board, a congressionally mandated committee reviewing scientific and ethical research of human subjects. Earlier in 2009, she became the first woman to receive the International Society of Toxicology’s Education Award, and in 2005, became the first and only woman to receive the American Chemical Society/Agrochemical Division’s International Award for Research.
Chambers is a University of San Francisco biology graduate, who completed a doctorate in animal physiology at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference