Chambers added by Alliance
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Janice Chambers, one of Mississippi State University’s William L. Giles Distinguished Professors, is becoming research director for Delta Health Alliance, a non-profit collaboration of state institutions and agencies. She retains a half-time appointment as professor of basic sciences in MSU’s College of Veterinary Medicine, where she long has directed the Center for Environmental Health Sciences.
Last year, Chambers was appointed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as vice chair of the Human Studies Review Board, a congressionally mandated committee reviewing scientific and ethical research of human subjects. Earlier in 2009, she became the first woman to receive the International Society of Toxicology’s Education Award, and in 2005, became the first and only woman to receive the American Chemical Society/Agrochemical Division’s International Award for Research.
Chambers is a University of San Francisco biology graduate, who completed a doctorate in animal physiology at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation