Chambers added by Alliance
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Janice Chambers, one of Mississippi State University’s William L. Giles Distinguished Professors, is becoming research director for Delta Health Alliance, a non-profit collaboration of state institutions and agencies. She retains a half-time appointment as professor of basic sciences in MSU’s College of Veterinary Medicine, where she long has directed the Center for Environmental Health Sciences.
Last year, Chambers was appointed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as vice chair of the Human Studies Review Board, a congressionally mandated committee reviewing scientific and ethical research of human subjects. Earlier in 2009, she became the first woman to receive the International Society of Toxicology’s Education Award, and in 2005, became the first and only woman to receive the American Chemical Society/Agrochemical Division’s International Award for Research.
Chambers is a University of San Francisco biology graduate, who completed a doctorate in animal physiology at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State