Chambers added by Alliance
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Janice Chambers, one of Mississippi State University’s William L. Giles Distinguished Professors, is becoming research director for Delta Health Alliance, a non-profit collaboration of state institutions and agencies. She retains a half-time appointment as professor of basic sciences in MSU’s College of Veterinary Medicine, where she long has directed the Center for Environmental Health Sciences.
Last year, Chambers was appointed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as vice chair of the Human Studies Review Board, a congressionally mandated committee reviewing scientific and ethical research of human subjects. Earlier in 2009, she became the first woman to receive the International Society of Toxicology’s Education Award, and in 2005, became the first and only woman to receive the American Chemical Society/Agrochemical Division’s International Award for Research.
Chambers is a University of San Francisco biology graduate, who completed a doctorate in animal physiology at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years