Chambers added by Alliance
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Janice Chambers, one of Mississippi State University’s William L. Giles Distinguished Professors, is becoming research director for Delta Health Alliance, a non-profit collaboration of state institutions and agencies. She retains a half-time appointment as professor of basic sciences in MSU’s College of Veterinary Medicine, where she long has directed the Center for Environmental Health Sciences.
Last year, Chambers was appointed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as vice chair of the Human Studies Review Board, a congressionally mandated committee reviewing scientific and ethical research of human subjects. Earlier in 2009, she became the first woman to receive the International Society of Toxicology’s Education Award, and in 2005, became the first and only woman to receive the American Chemical Society/Agrochemical Division’s International Award for Research.
Chambers is a University of San Francisco biology graduate, who completed a doctorate in animal physiology at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager