Morgan resigns, Willis steps in
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
The University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for business and finance Joe Morgan has tendered his resignation, which is effective Aug. 31.
Russ Willis, director of human resources, will step into the position in an interim capacity beginning Sept. 1.
A 1975 Southern Miss accounting graduate, Morgan has been at the university for more than 20 years and served in several positions including assistant director of purchasing and director of procurement services.
A native of Pensacola, Fla., Willis is a 1989 Southern Miss graduate with a degree in political science. He also holds a J.D. degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Willis joined Southern Miss in 1992 and worked in student affairs before moving to human resources as associate director in 1997. He has served as director of human resources for eight years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery