Morgan resigns, Willis steps in
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
The University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for business and finance Joe Morgan has tendered his resignation, which is effective Aug. 31.
Russ Willis, director of human resources, will step into the position in an interim capacity beginning Sept. 1.
A 1975 Southern Miss accounting graduate, Morgan has been at the university for more than 20 years and served in several positions including assistant director of purchasing and director of procurement services.
A native of Pensacola, Fla., Willis is a 1989 Southern Miss graduate with a degree in political science. He also holds a J.D. degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Willis joined Southern Miss in 1992 and worked in student affairs before moving to human resources as associate director in 1997. He has served as director of human resources for eight years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route