Morgan resigns, Willis steps in
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
The University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for business and finance Joe Morgan has tendered his resignation, which is effective Aug. 31.
Russ Willis, director of human resources, will step into the position in an interim capacity beginning Sept. 1.
A 1975 Southern Miss accounting graduate, Morgan has been at the university for more than 20 years and served in several positions including assistant director of purchasing and director of procurement services.
A native of Pensacola, Fla., Willis is a 1989 Southern Miss graduate with a degree in political science. He also holds a J.D. degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Willis joined Southern Miss in 1992 and worked in student affairs before moving to human resources as associate director in 1997. He has served as director of human resources for eight years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi