Morgan resigns, Willis steps in
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
The University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for business and finance Joe Morgan has tendered his resignation, which is effective Aug. 31.
Russ Willis, director of human resources, will step into the position in an interim capacity beginning Sept. 1.
A 1975 Southern Miss accounting graduate, Morgan has been at the university for more than 20 years and served in several positions including assistant director of purchasing and director of procurement services.
A native of Pensacola, Fla., Willis is a 1989 Southern Miss graduate with a degree in political science. He also holds a J.D. degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Willis joined Southern Miss in 1992 and worked in student affairs before moving to human resources as associate director in 1997. He has served as director of human resources for eight years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal