Morgan resigns, Willis steps in
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
The University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for business and finance Joe Morgan has tendered his resignation, which is effective Aug. 31.
Russ Willis, director of human resources, will step into the position in an interim capacity beginning Sept. 1.
A 1975 Southern Miss accounting graduate, Morgan has been at the university for more than 20 years and served in several positions including assistant director of purchasing and director of procurement services.
A native of Pensacola, Fla., Willis is a 1989 Southern Miss graduate with a degree in political science. He also holds a J.D. degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Willis joined Southern Miss in 1992 and worked in student affairs before moving to human resources as associate director in 1997. He has served as director of human resources for eight years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us