Penn makes senior management changes
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Penn National Gaming Inc. announced a series of property management changes at properties in Mississippi and Louisiana. Effective May 18, Chett Harrison will become the general manager of Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis following his tenure as general manager at Boomtown Biloxi. Concurrently, Richard Neal, currently Assistant General Manager at Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge (La.) will assume the general manager position at Boomtown Biloxi while John Chaszar will become general manager of Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge, moving from his current position as general manager at Hollywood Bay St. Louis. All three appointments are subject to customary regulatory approval.
Harrison joined Penn National in Jan. 2001 when he was named the director of marketing at Boomtown Biloxi. He was subsequently promoted to assistant general manager of the property in Aug. 2006 and to general manager of the facility in Jan. 2007. Prior to joining Penn National, he spent six-and-a-half years at the Copa Casino in Gulfport, including five years as senior marketing manager. He also served for a year as director of marketing at the Palace Casino Resort and Hotel in Biloxi.
Neal has been with Penn National Gaming since Jan. 2003, when he joined Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge as director of finance, and was promoted to assistant general manager of the property in 2006. Prior to joining Penn National, he served in a variety of senior finance and executive positions at Caesars Tahoe, the Peppermill Hotel & Casino in Reno, Nev., The Mirage, the Golden Nugget Laughlin and the Beau Rivage in Biloxi.
With nine years of gaming industry experience and a 17-year career in hotel management, Chaszar has served as general manager of Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis since Aug. 2007. He joined Penn National in 2001 as director of resort operations at the property and was subsequently named assistant general manager in 2006. Prior to joining Penn National, he served as general manager of the Brown Palace Hotel in Denver, Col.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State