Wells receives APhA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Barbara G. Wells, dean of the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, received the 2010 American Pharmacists Association’s Gloria Niemeyer Francke Leadership Mentor Award at the recent APhA annual meeting in Washington D.C.
Wells was recognized for her years of service contributions as a faculty member, preceptor and administrator. She also has served as president of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and held other leadership offices within those organizations.
Wells has been named a fellow in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. She has received numerous honors, awards and recognitions, including the APhA Clinical Pharmacotherapeutic Practice Award and the Robert K. Chalmers Distinguished Pharmacy Educator Award from AACP. Besides training dozens of residents and fellows, she has published more than 100 peer-reviewed articles, books and book chapters and received several million dollars in construction and research grants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations