Wells receives APhA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Barbara G. Wells, dean of the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, received the 2010 American Pharmacists Association’s Gloria Niemeyer Francke Leadership Mentor Award at the recent APhA annual meeting in Washington D.C.
Wells was recognized for her years of service contributions as a faculty member, preceptor and administrator. She also has served as president of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and held other leadership offices within those organizations.
Wells has been named a fellow in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. She has received numerous honors, awards and recognitions, including the APhA Clinical Pharmacotherapeutic Practice Award and the Robert K. Chalmers Distinguished Pharmacy Educator Award from AACP. Besides training dozens of residents and fellows, she has published more than 100 peer-reviewed articles, books and book chapters and received several million dollars in construction and research grants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force