Wells receives APhA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Barbara G. Wells, dean of the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, received the 2010 American Pharmacists Association’s Gloria Niemeyer Francke Leadership Mentor Award at the recent APhA annual meeting in Washington D.C.
Wells was recognized for her years of service contributions as a faculty member, preceptor and administrator. She also has served as president of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and held other leadership offices within those organizations.
Wells has been named a fellow in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. She has received numerous honors, awards and recognitions, including the APhA Clinical Pharmacotherapeutic Practice Award and the Robert K. Chalmers Distinguished Pharmacy Educator Award from AACP. Besides training dozens of residents and fellows, she has published more than 100 peer-reviewed articles, books and book chapters and received several million dollars in construction and research grants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges