Wells receives APhA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Barbara G. Wells, dean of the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, received the 2010 American Pharmacists Association’s Gloria Niemeyer Francke Leadership Mentor Award at the recent APhA annual meeting in Washington D.C.
Wells was recognized for her years of service contributions as a faculty member, preceptor and administrator. She also has served as president of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and held other leadership offices within those organizations.
Wells has been named a fellow in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. She has received numerous honors, awards and recognitions, including the APhA Clinical Pharmacotherapeutic Practice Award and the Robert K. Chalmers Distinguished Pharmacy Educator Award from AACP. Besides training dozens of residents and fellows, she has published more than 100 peer-reviewed articles, books and book chapters and received several million dollars in construction and research grants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act