Wicker honored by Chamber
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 16,2010
Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) was recently honored by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and presented with the Spirit of Enterprise Award for his pro-business record during the first session of the 111th Congress.
According to the scorecard, Wicker maintained an 86 percent rating with the Chamber this year and collectively holds a 94 percent ranking during his tenure in Congress. The Chamber scored Congress on seven Senate and 15 House votes in 2009, including the economic stimulus package, legislation to promote the U.S. as a travel destination abroad and both the House and Senate healthcare reform bills.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur