CCS to give historic school new life
Published: May 17,2010
WEST POINT — Community Counseling Services (CCS) has reached a deal to buy the 184-acre site in West Point of the former Mary Holmes College.
Details of the purchase from the Presbyterian Church (USA) were not disclosed.
Susan Baker, COO for the non-profit CCS, says her organization hopes to close on the deal within the next 30 days and begin renovations on school buildings by July 1.
CCS provides mental healthcare, alcohol and drug counseling and care for the intellectually developmentally disabled in Choctaw, Clay, Lowndes, Noxubee, Oktibbeha, Webster and Winston counties in Northeast Mississippi.
The historically black college closed in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss