CCS to give historic school new life
Published: May 17,2010
WEST POINT — Community Counseling Services (CCS) has reached a deal to buy the 184-acre site in West Point of the former Mary Holmes College.
Details of the purchase from the Presbyterian Church (USA) were not disclosed.
Susan Baker, COO for the non-profit CCS, says her organization hopes to close on the deal within the next 30 days and begin renovations on school buildings by July 1.
CCS provides mental healthcare, alcohol and drug counseling and care for the intellectually developmentally disabled in Choctaw, Clay, Lowndes, Noxubee, Oktibbeha, Webster and Winston counties in Northeast Mississippi.
The historically black college closed in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money