CCS to give historic school new life
Published: May 17,2010
WEST POINT — Community Counseling Services (CCS) has reached a deal to buy the 184-acre site in West Point of the former Mary Holmes College.
Details of the purchase from the Presbyterian Church (USA) were not disclosed.
Susan Baker, COO for the non-profit CCS, says her organization hopes to close on the deal within the next 30 days and begin renovations on school buildings by July 1.
CCS provides mental healthcare, alcohol and drug counseling and care for the intellectually developmentally disabled in Choctaw, Clay, Lowndes, Noxubee, Oktibbeha, Webster and Winston counties in Northeast Mississippi.
The historically black college closed in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal