CCS to give historic school new life
by Associated Press
Published: May 17,2010
WEST POINT — Community Counseling Services (CCS) has reached a deal to buy the 184-acre site in West Point of the former Mary Holmes College.
Details of the purchase from the Presbyterian Church (USA) were not disclosed.
Susan Baker, COO for the non-profit CCS, says her organization hopes to close on the deal within the next 30 days and begin renovations on school buildings by July 1.
CCS provides mental healthcare, alcohol and drug counseling and care for the intellectually developmentally disabled in Choctaw, Clay, Lowndes, Noxubee, Oktibbeha, Webster and Winston counties in Northeast Mississippi.
The historically black college closed in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Texas company buys Tuscaloosa Marine Shale leases