CCS to give historic school new life
Published: May 17,2010
WEST POINT — Community Counseling Services (CCS) has reached a deal to buy the 184-acre site in West Point of the former Mary Holmes College.
Details of the purchase from the Presbyterian Church (USA) were not disclosed.
Susan Baker, COO for the non-profit CCS, says her organization hopes to close on the deal within the next 30 days and begin renovations on school buildings by July 1.
CCS provides mental healthcare, alcohol and drug counseling and care for the intellectually developmentally disabled in Choctaw, Clay, Lowndes, Noxubee, Oktibbeha, Webster and Winston counties in Northeast Mississippi.
The historically black college closed in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that