Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges
COLUMBUS — A Columbus chiropractor faces charges he committed insurance fraud, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Dr. James Donovan, 63, of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, turned himself in to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office May 14 after being indicted by a Lowndes Grand Jury on four counts of insurance fraud.
The indictment alleges that Donovan made false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients totaling more than $3,500. The crimes are all alleged to have occurred between Jan. 1, 2007 and March 23, 2008.
Donovan has bonded out of jail. If convicted, he faces up to 12 years behind bars, a $20,000 fine and reimbursement expenses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran