Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges
COLUMBUS — A Columbus chiropractor faces charges he committed insurance fraud, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Dr. James Donovan, 63, of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, turned himself in to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office May 14 after being indicted by a Lowndes Grand Jury on four counts of insurance fraud.
The indictment alleges that Donovan made false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients totaling more than $3,500. The crimes are all alleged to have occurred between Jan. 1, 2007 and March 23, 2008.
Donovan has bonded out of jail. If convicted, he faces up to 12 years behind bars, a $20,000 fine and reimbursement expenses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location