Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges
COLUMBUS — A Columbus chiropractor faces charges he committed insurance fraud, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Dr. James Donovan, 63, of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, turned himself in to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office May 14 after being indicted by a Lowndes Grand Jury on four counts of insurance fraud.
The indictment alleges that Donovan made false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients totaling more than $3,500. The crimes are all alleged to have occurred between Jan. 1, 2007 and March 23, 2008.
Donovan has bonded out of jail. If convicted, he faces up to 12 years behind bars, a $20,000 fine and reimbursement expenses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- Mississippi poultry industry's hub system behind today's success
- MBJ Business Person of the Year: Joe Sanderson Jr.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Birdwatching generates big bucks for coastal economy with room to grow
- TODD SMITH'S SPIN CYCLE: Top 10 toy brands that won holiday social media blitz
- LOUANNE LOFTON: A new twist on dystopian fiction