Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges
COLUMBUS — A Columbus chiropractor faces charges he committed insurance fraud, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Dr. James Donovan, 63, of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, turned himself in to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office May 14 after being indicted by a Lowndes Grand Jury on four counts of insurance fraud.
The indictment alleges that Donovan made false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients totaling more than $3,500. The crimes are all alleged to have occurred between Jan. 1, 2007 and March 23, 2008.
Donovan has bonded out of jail. If convicted, he faces up to 12 years behind bars, a $20,000 fine and reimbursement expenses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges”
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves