Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges
COLUMBUS — A Columbus chiropractor faces charges he committed insurance fraud, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Dr. James Donovan, 63, of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, turned himself in to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office May 14 after being indicted by a Lowndes Grand Jury on four counts of insurance fraud.
The indictment alleges that Donovan made false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients totaling more than $3,500. The crimes are all alleged to have occurred between Jan. 1, 2007 and March 23, 2008.
Donovan has bonded out of jail. If convicted, he faces up to 12 years behind bars, a $20,000 fine and reimbursement expenses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Chiropractor faces insurance fraud charges”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey