IHL now offering ‘Counselor’s Portal’
JACKSON — The Office of Academic and Student Affairs at the State Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) recently launched the Counselor’s Portal, a website that allows counselors – and others interested in college information – to submit questions and receive quick answers from knowledgeable professionals at IHL.
“Navigating dual enrollment, financial aid and other college ready initiatives and information can be challenging,” Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank Bounds said. “We need to use every tool available to us to create a seamless education continuum and promote better communication with our K-12 counterparts.”
Frequently asked questions submitted to the portal are also being reviewed and added to the Q&A section of the online version of “Preparing for Success: A Guide to Admissions,” a document that explains the IHL 2012 College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) and the current CPC.
Beginning in the fall, per a new law, students entering ninth grade will have to choose between the CPC and a career readiness curriculum.
“Helping students get to college depends on getting them quick, accurate information,” said Dr. Al Rankins, IHL assistant commissioner for academic and student affairs. “This portal allows us to reach counselors all over the state in a timely manner so that they can give students solid advice.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41