IHL now offering ‘Counselor’s Portal’
JACKSON — The Office of Academic and Student Affairs at the State Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) recently launched the Counselor’s Portal, a website that allows counselors – and others interested in college information – to submit questions and receive quick answers from knowledgeable professionals at IHL.
“Navigating dual enrollment, financial aid and other college ready initiatives and information can be challenging,” Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank Bounds said. “We need to use every tool available to us to create a seamless education continuum and promote better communication with our K-12 counterparts.”
Frequently asked questions submitted to the portal are also being reviewed and added to the Q&A section of the online version of “Preparing for Success: A Guide to Admissions,” a document that explains the IHL 2012 College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) and the current CPC.
Beginning in the fall, per a new law, students entering ninth grade will have to choose between the CPC and a career readiness curriculum.
“Helping students get to college depends on getting them quick, accurate information,” said Dr. Al Rankins, IHL assistant commissioner for academic and student affairs. “This portal allows us to reach counselors all over the state in a timely manner so that they can give students solid advice.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions