IHL now offering ‘Counselor’s Portal’
JACKSON — The Office of Academic and Student Affairs at the State Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) recently launched the Counselor’s Portal, a website that allows counselors – and others interested in college information – to submit questions and receive quick answers from knowledgeable professionals at IHL.
“Navigating dual enrollment, financial aid and other college ready initiatives and information can be challenging,” Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank Bounds said. “We need to use every tool available to us to create a seamless education continuum and promote better communication with our K-12 counterparts.”
Frequently asked questions submitted to the portal are also being reviewed and added to the Q&A section of the online version of “Preparing for Success: A Guide to Admissions,” a document that explains the IHL 2012 College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) and the current CPC.
Beginning in the fall, per a new law, students entering ninth grade will have to choose between the CPC and a career readiness curriculum.
“Helping students get to college depends on getting them quick, accurate information,” said Dr. Al Rankins, IHL assistant commissioner for academic and student affairs. “This portal allows us to reach counselors all over the state in a timely manner so that they can give students solid advice.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center