BAE looking to buy Atlantic Marine
Published: May 19,2010
MOSS POINT — BAE Systems has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Atlantic Marine Holding Company from JFL-AMH Partners, LLC, a portfolio company of the private equity firm J.F. Lehman & Company, for a cash consideration of $352 million.
Atlantic Marine is a privately held vessel maintenance, repair, overhaul and conversion, marine fabrication and ship construction services provider with operations at Moss Point, Mayport and Jacksonville, Fla., and Mobile, Ala.
Atlantic Marine employs approximately 1,000 people and will become part of BAE Systems’ Ship Repair business. The acquisition will complement BAE Systems’ existing ship repair and upgrade capabilities to further serve the U.S. Navy and other maritime customers.
The proposed acquisition is conditional, among other things, upon receiving certain U.S. regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BAE looking to buy Atlantic Marine”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19