BAE looking to buy Atlantic Marine
Published: May 19,2010
MOSS POINT — BAE Systems has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Atlantic Marine Holding Company from JFL-AMH Partners, LLC, a portfolio company of the private equity firm J.F. Lehman & Company, for a cash consideration of $352 million.
Atlantic Marine is a privately held vessel maintenance, repair, overhaul and conversion, marine fabrication and ship construction services provider with operations at Moss Point, Mayport and Jacksonville, Fla., and Mobile, Ala.
Atlantic Marine employs approximately 1,000 people and will become part of BAE Systems’ Ship Repair business. The acquisition will complement BAE Systems’ existing ship repair and upgrade capabilities to further serve the U.S. Navy and other maritime customers.
The proposed acquisition is conditional, among other things, upon receiving certain U.S. regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BAE looking to buy Atlantic Marine”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option