BAE looking to buy Atlantic Marine
Published: May 19,2010
MOSS POINT — BAE Systems has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Atlantic Marine Holding Company from JFL-AMH Partners, LLC, a portfolio company of the private equity firm J.F. Lehman & Company, for a cash consideration of $352 million.
Atlantic Marine is a privately held vessel maintenance, repair, overhaul and conversion, marine fabrication and ship construction services provider with operations at Moss Point, Mayport and Jacksonville, Fla., and Mobile, Ala.
Atlantic Marine employs approximately 1,000 people and will become part of BAE Systems’ Ship Repair business. The acquisition will complement BAE Systems’ existing ship repair and upgrade capabilities to further serve the U.S. Navy and other maritime customers.
The proposed acquisition is conditional, among other things, upon receiving certain U.S. regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BAE looking to buy Atlantic Marine”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal