BAE looking to buy Atlantic Marine
Published: May 19,2010
MOSS POINT — BAE Systems has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Atlantic Marine Holding Company from JFL-AMH Partners, LLC, a portfolio company of the private equity firm J.F. Lehman & Company, for a cash consideration of $352 million.
Atlantic Marine is a privately held vessel maintenance, repair, overhaul and conversion, marine fabrication and ship construction services provider with operations at Moss Point, Mayport and Jacksonville, Fla., and Mobile, Ala.
Atlantic Marine employs approximately 1,000 people and will become part of BAE Systems’ Ship Repair business. The acquisition will complement BAE Systems’ existing ship repair and upgrade capabilities to further serve the U.S. Navy and other maritime customers.
The proposed acquisition is conditional, among other things, upon receiving certain U.S. regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BAE looking to buy Atlantic Marine”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force