SBA opens another Disaster Recovery Center
Published: May 19,2010
GULFPORT — The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has opened an additional Business Recovery Center today to make it convenient for small businesses and most private non-profit organizations of all sizes to get one-on-one assistance.
The additional center is located in the Harrison County SBA, Gulfport Branch Office , Hancock Bank Plaza . The hours are Monday-Friday; from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The SBA encourages those affected by the Deepwater BP oil spill to visit the Harrison County Center or any of the Centers located throughout the disaster area.
“Due to the amount of economic losses caused by the Deepwater BP oil spill in Mississippi, we want affected businesses to have a resource where they can meet individually with SBA representatives and find out how a low-interest disaster loan can help them recover,” said Frank Skaggs, director of SBA’s Disaster Field Operations Center in Atlanta.
The other centers, all open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., are located at the George County Emergency Operations Center in Lucedale, the Civic Center in Bay St. Louis, the Jackson County Fairgrounds Ticket Office in Pascagoula and the Stone County Courthouse in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “SBA opens another Disaster Recovery Center”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter