SBA opens another Disaster Recovery Center
Published: May 19,2010
GULFPORT — The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has opened an additional Business Recovery Center today to make it convenient for small businesses and most private non-profit organizations of all sizes to get one-on-one assistance.
The additional center is located in the Harrison County SBA, Gulfport Branch Office , Hancock Bank Plaza . The hours are Monday-Friday; from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The SBA encourages those affected by the Deepwater BP oil spill to visit the Harrison County Center or any of the Centers located throughout the disaster area.
“Due to the amount of economic losses caused by the Deepwater BP oil spill in Mississippi, we want affected businesses to have a resource where they can meet individually with SBA representatives and find out how a low-interest disaster loan can help them recover,” said Frank Skaggs, director of SBA’s Disaster Field Operations Center in Atlanta.
The other centers, all open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., are located at the George County Emergency Operations Center in Lucedale, the Civic Center in Bay St. Louis, the Jackson County Fairgrounds Ticket Office in Pascagoula and the Stone County Courthouse in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “SBA opens another Disaster Recovery Center”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015