SBA opens another Disaster Recovery Center
by Wally Northway
Published: May 19,2010
GULFPORT — The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has opened an additional Business Recovery Center today to make it convenient for small businesses and most private non-profit organizations of all sizes to get one-on-one assistance.
The additional center is located in the Harrison County SBA, Gulfport Branch Office , Hancock Bank Plaza . The hours are Monday-Friday; from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The SBA encourages those affected by the Deepwater BP oil spill to visit the Harrison County Center or any of the Centers located throughout the disaster area.
“Due to the amount of economic losses caused by the Deepwater BP oil spill in Mississippi, we want affected businesses to have a resource where they can meet individually with SBA representatives and find out how a low-interest disaster loan can help them recover,” said Frank Skaggs, director of SBA’s Disaster Field Operations Center in Atlanta.
The other centers, all open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., are located at the George County Emergency Operations Center in Lucedale, the Civic Center in Bay St. Louis, the Jackson County Fairgrounds Ticket Office in Pascagoula and the Stone County Courthouse in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “SBA opens another Disaster Recovery Center”
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery