SBA opens another Disaster Recovery Center
Published: May 19,2010
GULFPORT — The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has opened an additional Business Recovery Center today to make it convenient for small businesses and most private non-profit organizations of all sizes to get one-on-one assistance.
The additional center is located in the Harrison County SBA, Gulfport Branch Office , Hancock Bank Plaza . The hours are Monday-Friday; from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The SBA encourages those affected by the Deepwater BP oil spill to visit the Harrison County Center or any of the Centers located throughout the disaster area.
“Due to the amount of economic losses caused by the Deepwater BP oil spill in Mississippi, we want affected businesses to have a resource where they can meet individually with SBA representatives and find out how a low-interest disaster loan can help them recover,” said Frank Skaggs, director of SBA’s Disaster Field Operations Center in Atlanta.
The other centers, all open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., are located at the George County Emergency Operations Center in Lucedale, the Civic Center in Bay St. Louis, the Jackson County Fairgrounds Ticket Office in Pascagoula and the Stone County Courthouse in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “SBA opens another Disaster Recovery Center”
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs