Wachovia branches to change name
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Wells Fargo & Co. says Wachovia bank branches in Mississippi will be among the first eastern offices to convert to Wells Fargo name.
Wells Fargo, which bought Wachovia in Dec. 2008, told The Mississippi Press that the switch would occur later this year. The change also would affect Wachovia branches in Alabama.
Leigh Collier, who heads consumer banking in Mississippi and coastal Alabama, says until now, San Francisco-based Wells has been converting Wachovia branches farther west, where they overlapped with existing Wells Fargo branches.
Collier says ATMs in Mississippi will be replaced by July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case