Wachovia branches to change name
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Wells Fargo & Co. says Wachovia bank branches in Mississippi will be among the first eastern offices to convert to Wells Fargo name.
Wells Fargo, which bought Wachovia in Dec. 2008, told The Mississippi Press that the switch would occur later this year. The change also would affect Wachovia branches in Alabama.
Leigh Collier, who heads consumer banking in Mississippi and coastal Alabama, says until now, San Francisco-based Wells has been converting Wachovia branches farther west, where they overlapped with existing Wells Fargo branches.
Collier says ATMs in Mississippi will be replaced by July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter