Wells Fargo tops United Way donor list
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Wells Fargo became the largest employee campaign in the entire U.S. for United Way, based on 2009 campaign results and rankings recently finalized by United Way Worldwide.
Wells Fargo team members pledged a record $41.9 million through their annual Community Support and United Way Campaign — a 21 percent increase over the 2008 combined Wells Fargo and Wachovia campaigns.
Combined with corporate gifts, this totaled more than $60 million, which will be used in part to help United Way meet national goals to increase the number of students who graduate, help more families become financially stable, and increase the number of healthy youth and adults.
Additionally, more than 32,000 Wells Fargo team members volunteered 1.23 million hours in 2009, providing financial literacy classes, free tax preparation and much more.
In March, United Way recognized Wells Fargo with a Summit Award for exceptional volunteerism as a testament to the company and its employees’ ongoing commitment to communities. The company also gave $202 million in grants to support other nonprofits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Wells Fargo tops United Way donor list”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location