Wells Fargo tops United Way donor list
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Wells Fargo became the largest employee campaign in the entire U.S. for United Way, based on 2009 campaign results and rankings recently finalized by United Way Worldwide.
Wells Fargo team members pledged a record $41.9 million through their annual Community Support and United Way Campaign — a 21 percent increase over the 2008 combined Wells Fargo and Wachovia campaigns.
Combined with corporate gifts, this totaled more than $60 million, which will be used in part to help United Way meet national goals to increase the number of students who graduate, help more families become financially stable, and increase the number of healthy youth and adults.
Additionally, more than 32,000 Wells Fargo team members volunteered 1.23 million hours in 2009, providing financial literacy classes, free tax preparation and much more.
In March, United Way recognized Wells Fargo with a Summit Award for exceptional volunteerism as a testament to the company and its employees’ ongoing commitment to communities. The company also gave $202 million in grants to support other nonprofits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Wells Fargo tops United Way donor list”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015