Wells Fargo tops United Way donor list
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Wells Fargo became the largest employee campaign in the entire U.S. for United Way, based on 2009 campaign results and rankings recently finalized by United Way Worldwide.
Wells Fargo team members pledged a record $41.9 million through their annual Community Support and United Way Campaign — a 21 percent increase over the 2008 combined Wells Fargo and Wachovia campaigns.
Combined with corporate gifts, this totaled more than $60 million, which will be used in part to help United Way meet national goals to increase the number of students who graduate, help more families become financially stable, and increase the number of healthy youth and adults.
Additionally, more than 32,000 Wells Fargo team members volunteered 1.23 million hours in 2009, providing financial literacy classes, free tax preparation and much more.
In March, United Way recognized Wells Fargo with a Summit Award for exceptional volunteerism as a testament to the company and its employees’ ongoing commitment to communities. The company also gave $202 million in grants to support other nonprofits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Wells Fargo tops United Way donor list”
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87