Class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Keegan
MEMPHIS — A class action lawsuit has been filed against Memphis-based Morgan Keegan alleging that investors in four mutual funds were not informed about risky investments that resulted in $1 billion in losses.
The lawsuit claiming violation of federal securities laws was filed in U.S. District Court in Memphis by Labaton Sucharow, LLP, May 19.
The states of Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and South Carolina along with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority have previously announced administrative actions against Morgan Keegan, which is owned by Birmingham, Ala.-based Regions Financial Corp.
Kathy Ridley, a spokeswoman for Morgan Keegan, said the filing is similar to other class action lawsuits that are still pending in court and there are no new allegations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Keegan”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November