Class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Keegan
MEMPHIS — A class action lawsuit has been filed against Memphis-based Morgan Keegan alleging that investors in four mutual funds were not informed about risky investments that resulted in $1 billion in losses.
The lawsuit claiming violation of federal securities laws was filed in U.S. District Court in Memphis by Labaton Sucharow, LLP, May 19.
The states of Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and South Carolina along with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority have previously announced administrative actions against Morgan Keegan, which is owned by Birmingham, Ala.-based Regions Financial Corp.
Kathy Ridley, a spokeswoman for Morgan Keegan, said the filing is similar to other class action lawsuits that are still pending in court and there are no new allegations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Keegan”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building