Class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Keegan
MEMPHIS — A class action lawsuit has been filed against Memphis-based Morgan Keegan alleging that investors in four mutual funds were not informed about risky investments that resulted in $1 billion in losses.
The lawsuit claiming violation of federal securities laws was filed in U.S. District Court in Memphis by Labaton Sucharow, LLP, May 19.
The states of Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and South Carolina along with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority have previously announced administrative actions against Morgan Keegan, which is owned by Birmingham, Ala.-based Regions Financial Corp.
Kathy Ridley, a spokeswoman for Morgan Keegan, said the filing is similar to other class action lawsuits that are still pending in court and there are no new allegations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Keegan”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities