Class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Keegan
MEMPHIS — A class action lawsuit has been filed against Memphis-based Morgan Keegan alleging that investors in four mutual funds were not informed about risky investments that resulted in $1 billion in losses.
The lawsuit claiming violation of federal securities laws was filed in U.S. District Court in Memphis by Labaton Sucharow, LLP, May 19.
The states of Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and South Carolina along with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority have previously announced administrative actions against Morgan Keegan, which is owned by Birmingham, Ala.-based Regions Financial Corp.
Kathy Ridley, a spokeswoman for Morgan Keegan, said the filing is similar to other class action lawsuits that are still pending in court and there are no new allegations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Keegan”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015