Home buyer’s grant program nears deadline
JACKSON — A limited-time grant program overseen by Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) aims to help every qualified Mississippian own a home, but the application deadline is quickly approaching.
The Home Buyer Advantage program is authorized through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and provides one-time down-payment assistance grants for individuals buying foreclosed property in Mississippi. Grants range from $14,999 to $39,999 for foreclosed homes in qualifying areas of the state.
“Residents who wish to participate in the program should act quickly to ensure their paperwork is received on time and that funding is still available,” said Caldon Williams, NSP bureau manager for MDA. “Due to federal regulations, the application period will end on July 15, 2010.”
The Home Buyer Advantage program is a government program; there are no hidden fees or confusing rates to worry about – and the down payment is a grant, not a loan.
For more iuformation, visit www.mshomegrant.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Home buyer’s grant program nears deadline”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan