Home buyer’s grant program nears deadline
JACKSON — A limited-time grant program overseen by Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) aims to help every qualified Mississippian own a home, but the application deadline is quickly approaching.
The Home Buyer Advantage program is authorized through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and provides one-time down-payment assistance grants for individuals buying foreclosed property in Mississippi. Grants range from $14,999 to $39,999 for foreclosed homes in qualifying areas of the state.
“Residents who wish to participate in the program should act quickly to ensure their paperwork is received on time and that funding is still available,” said Caldon Williams, NSP bureau manager for MDA. “Due to federal regulations, the application period will end on July 15, 2010.”
The Home Buyer Advantage program is a government program; there are no hidden fees or confusing rates to worry about – and the down payment is a grant, not a loan.
For more iuformation, visit www.mshomegrant.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Home buyer’s grant program nears deadline”
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones