Home buyer’s grant program nears deadline
JACKSON — A limited-time grant program overseen by Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) aims to help every qualified Mississippian own a home, but the application deadline is quickly approaching.
The Home Buyer Advantage program is authorized through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and provides one-time down-payment assistance grants for individuals buying foreclosed property in Mississippi. Grants range from $14,999 to $39,999 for foreclosed homes in qualifying areas of the state.
“Residents who wish to participate in the program should act quickly to ensure their paperwork is received on time and that funding is still available,” said Caldon Williams, NSP bureau manager for MDA. “Due to federal regulations, the application period will end on July 15, 2010.”
The Home Buyer Advantage program is a government program; there are no hidden fees or confusing rates to worry about – and the down payment is a grant, not a loan.
For more iuformation, visit www.mshomegrant.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Home buyer’s grant program nears deadline”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy