Home buyer’s grant program nears deadline
JACKSON — A limited-time grant program overseen by Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) aims to help every qualified Mississippian own a home, but the application deadline is quickly approaching.
The Home Buyer Advantage program is authorized through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and provides one-time down-payment assistance grants for individuals buying foreclosed property in Mississippi. Grants range from $14,999 to $39,999 for foreclosed homes in qualifying areas of the state.
“Residents who wish to participate in the program should act quickly to ensure their paperwork is received on time and that funding is still available,” said Caldon Williams, NSP bureau manager for MDA. “Due to federal regulations, the application period will end on July 15, 2010.”
The Home Buyer Advantage program is a government program; there are no hidden fees or confusing rates to worry about – and the down payment is a grant, not a loan.
For more iuformation, visit www.mshomegrant.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Home buyer’s grant program nears deadline”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions