Obama calls for more gas-friendly trucks, cars
Published: May 21,2010
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is ordering U.S. agencies to work up national mileage and emissions standards for big work trucks for the first time, seeking to limit pollution from the large vehicles that contribute a disproportionate share of it.
In an event at the White House today Obama also ordered federal agencies that have already brought out new standards for cars and light trucks for the 2012-2016 model years to begin work on even stronger rules for 2017 and beyond.
With the spreading oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico underscoring the urgency of reducing U.S. dependence on fossil fuels, Obama said he would like to see vehicles 20 years from now run on half the fuel they do today and produce half the pollution.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Obama calls for more gas-friendly trucks, cars”
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life