Bush assumes FSMB board chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Freda McKissic Bush, M.D., FACOG, has assumed the chair of the Federation of State Medical Boards’ (FSMB) board of directors. The former president of the Mississippi State Board of Medical Examiners and a longtime leader in women’s health issues, Bush will lead the FSMB during 2010-2011.
Bush has served on the FSMB board of directors since 2003 and as treasurer from 2008-2009 before being elected chair-elect of the organization. She has served as a member of the Step 3 Committee of the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
Bush served on the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure from 1994-2006, including a term as president from 2000-2002.
Bush has been deeply involved in women’s health issues for more than four decades. In 1968, she was a clinical instructor in maternity nursing at the University of Arkansas, Little Rock, graduating from Columbia University in New York as a certified nurse midwife in 1970 and working at Harlem Hospital. In 1974, Dr. Bush became the director of Nurse Midwifery Programs at the University of Mississippi. In 1983, Bush received her medical degree from the University of Mississippi Medical School, and in 1987 she completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Tennessee Medical Center, Memphis.
A board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist, Bush is a partner with East Lakeland OB-GYN Associates in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey