Dugan joining Southern Miss faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Longtime University of Alabama professor Michael Dugan is joining the faculty at the University of Southern Mississippi School of Accounting. Dugan, 52, is set to join the Southern Miss faculty for the fall 2010 semester in the new Horne Professor position.
Dugan earned his bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from the University of New Orleans and his master’s degree in accountancy and doctor of business administration from the University of Tennessee. For the past 25 years, he has taught at Alabama’s Culverhouse School of Accountancy.
A Dallas, Texas, native who grew up in New Orleans, Dugan was recognized by the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants as the 2009 Outstanding Accounting Educator. He is a certified public accountant (Louisiana, inactive) who has also published 45 articles in both academic and professional journals.
Dugan and his wife, Stacie, have two children — Patrick, 12, and Bethany, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators