Dugan joining Southern Miss faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Longtime University of Alabama professor Michael Dugan is joining the faculty at the University of Southern Mississippi School of Accounting. Dugan, 52, is set to join the Southern Miss faculty for the fall 2010 semester in the new Horne Professor position.
Dugan earned his bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from the University of New Orleans and his master’s degree in accountancy and doctor of business administration from the University of Tennessee. For the past 25 years, he has taught at Alabama’s Culverhouse School of Accountancy.
A Dallas, Texas, native who grew up in New Orleans, Dugan was recognized by the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants as the 2009 Outstanding Accounting Educator. He is a certified public accountant (Louisiana, inactive) who has also published 45 articles in both academic and professional journals.
Dugan and his wife, Stacie, have two children — Patrick, 12, and Bethany, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month