Dugan joining Southern Miss faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Longtime University of Alabama professor Michael Dugan is joining the faculty at the University of Southern Mississippi School of Accounting. Dugan, 52, is set to join the Southern Miss faculty for the fall 2010 semester in the new Horne Professor position.
Dugan earned his bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from the University of New Orleans and his master’s degree in accountancy and doctor of business administration from the University of Tennessee. For the past 25 years, he has taught at Alabama’s Culverhouse School of Accountancy.
A Dallas, Texas, native who grew up in New Orleans, Dugan was recognized by the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants as the 2009 Outstanding Accounting Educator. He is a certified public accountant (Louisiana, inactive) who has also published 45 articles in both academic and professional journals.
Dugan and his wife, Stacie, have two children — Patrick, 12, and Bethany, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month