Dugan joining Southern Miss faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Longtime University of Alabama professor Michael Dugan is joining the faculty at the University of Southern Mississippi School of Accounting. Dugan, 52, is set to join the Southern Miss faculty for the fall 2010 semester in the new Horne Professor position.
Dugan earned his bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from the University of New Orleans and his master’s degree in accountancy and doctor of business administration from the University of Tennessee. For the past 25 years, he has taught at Alabama’s Culverhouse School of Accountancy.
A Dallas, Texas, native who grew up in New Orleans, Dugan was recognized by the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants as the 2009 Outstanding Accounting Educator. He is a certified public accountant (Louisiana, inactive) who has also published 45 articles in both academic and professional journals.
Dugan and his wife, Stacie, have two children — Patrick, 12, and Bethany, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues