Dugan joining Southern Miss faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Longtime University of Alabama professor Michael Dugan is joining the faculty at the University of Southern Mississippi School of Accounting. Dugan, 52, is set to join the Southern Miss faculty for the fall 2010 semester in the new Horne Professor position.
Dugan earned his bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from the University of New Orleans and his master’s degree in accountancy and doctor of business administration from the University of Tennessee. For the past 25 years, he has taught at Alabama’s Culverhouse School of Accountancy.
A Dallas, Texas, native who grew up in New Orleans, Dugan was recognized by the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants as the 2009 Outstanding Accounting Educator. He is a certified public accountant (Louisiana, inactive) who has also published 45 articles in both academic and professional journals.
Dugan and his wife, Stacie, have two children — Patrick, 12, and Bethany, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino