Grzybowski wins MSU award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
An internationally recognized Mississippi State University faculty member in high-voltage research is receiving the university’s 2010 Ralph E. Powe Research Excellence Award. Stan Grzybowski is a professor in the Bagley College of Engineering’s department of electrical and computer engineering. He also directs the High Voltage Laboratory, the largest such facility at a North American public university.
Grzybowski, who holds the Mississippi Power Endowed Professorship in the Bagley College, is a veteran authority in high-voltage studies, with more than a half century in the field and more than 20 at MSU.
He is a doctoral graduate of Poland’s Technical University of Warsaw, and holds the highest individual academic qualification a person can achieve in certain Asian and European countries.
A leader in the international scientific community for studying various aspects of lightning activities, Grzybowski is the author of more than 250 research publications, as well as three books on high-voltage engineering.
In 1998, he was honored by peers with election as a Fellow of IEEE, the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. He also is an IEEE Life Fellow, and holds the honorary title of “Guest Professor” of China’s Chongqing University.
During Grzybowski’s academic career, he also has been recognized for teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. While at MSU, he has served as major professor for six students pursuing doctorates and nearly two dozen seeking master’s degrees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability