Guice named best by Association
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Local attorney Judy Guice has been named Mississippi’s Outstanding Woman Lawyer of the Year by the Mississippi Women Lawyer’s Association.
Although Guice has practiced law in Biloxi for almost 30 years, she has become known in recent years for her tough but compassionate representation of Hurricane Katrina victims. She argued the recent landmark case of Corban v. USAA before the en banc Mississippi Supreme Court, which rendered a decision in favor of policyholders.
Guice and colleague Clyde “Buddy” Gunn, with whom she worked on the Corban case, have recently teamed up again to help those who experience losses from the Gulf oil spill disaster.
She was recently named as a Fellow of the Mississippi Bar Foundation. Guice also is active in community service, and was named the 2008 Individual Volunteer of the Year by the Gulf Coast Women’s Center against Domestic Violence.
A past president of the Mississippi Association of Justice, Guice currently practices as a sole practitioner. However, her daughter, Sarah Reese, will join her in the practice of law at the end of the summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that