Guice named best by Association
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Local attorney Judy Guice has been named Mississippi’s Outstanding Woman Lawyer of the Year by the Mississippi Women Lawyer’s Association.
Although Guice has practiced law in Biloxi for almost 30 years, she has become known in recent years for her tough but compassionate representation of Hurricane Katrina victims. She argued the recent landmark case of Corban v. USAA before the en banc Mississippi Supreme Court, which rendered a decision in favor of policyholders.
Guice and colleague Clyde “Buddy” Gunn, with whom she worked on the Corban case, have recently teamed up again to help those who experience losses from the Gulf oil spill disaster.
She was recently named as a Fellow of the Mississippi Bar Foundation. Guice also is active in community service, and was named the 2008 Individual Volunteer of the Year by the Gulf Coast Women’s Center against Domestic Violence.
A past president of the Mississippi Association of Justice, Guice currently practices as a sole practitioner. However, her daughter, Sarah Reese, will join her in the practice of law at the end of the summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium