HORNE holds board elections
HORNE LLP recently held elections for its board of directors. Joel Bobo, CPA, was newly elected to the board, and John Scott, CPA, was re-elected to the board. Both will serve three-year terms.
HORNE’s executive partner Hugh Parker, Ph.D., CPA, was reappointed as chairman of the board.
Bobo is the industry director for construction and an assurance partner at HORNE. He provides assurance and advisory services to large, privately owned companies. Bobo joined HORNE in 1992 and has more than 25 years of public accounting experience providing assurance and advisory services with specific knowledge of construction, non-profits and small businesses. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants and Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants. Bobo currently serves as the national president of the Construction Industry Certified Public Accountants/Consultants Association.
Scott serves as the firm’s director of tax services and is a tax partner at HORNE. He joined the firm in 2002 and has more than 20 years of public accounting experience serving as a tax advisor to corporate, flow-through and individual clients. Scott is a graduate of Mississippi State University and a member of the American Institute for Certified Public Accountants and the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants. He serves on the State of Mississippi’s Business Reform Committee’s Limited Liability Company Laws Study Group, which was appointed by the secretary of state in 2009, and is the incoming president of the Adkerson School of Accounting Board at Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'