HORNE holds board elections
HORNE LLP recently held elections for its board of directors. Joel Bobo, CPA, was newly elected to the board, and John Scott, CPA, was re-elected to the board. Both will serve three-year terms.
HORNE’s executive partner Hugh Parker, Ph.D., CPA, was reappointed as chairman of the board.
Bobo is the industry director for construction and an assurance partner at HORNE. He provides assurance and advisory services to large, privately owned companies. Bobo joined HORNE in 1992 and has more than 25 years of public accounting experience providing assurance and advisory services with specific knowledge of construction, non-profits and small businesses. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants and Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants. Bobo currently serves as the national president of the Construction Industry Certified Public Accountants/Consultants Association.
Scott serves as the firm’s director of tax services and is a tax partner at HORNE. He joined the firm in 2002 and has more than 20 years of public accounting experience serving as a tax advisor to corporate, flow-through and individual clients. Scott is a graduate of Mississippi State University and a member of the American Institute for Certified Public Accountants and the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants. He serves on the State of Mississippi’s Business Reform Committee’s Limited Liability Company Laws Study Group, which was appointed by the secretary of state in 2009, and is the incoming president of the Adkerson School of Accounting Board at Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey