HORNE holds board elections
HORNE LLP recently held elections for its board of directors. Joel Bobo, CPA, was newly elected to the board, and John Scott, CPA, was re-elected to the board. Both will serve three-year terms.
HORNE’s executive partner Hugh Parker, Ph.D., CPA, was reappointed as chairman of the board.
Bobo is the industry director for construction and an assurance partner at HORNE. He provides assurance and advisory services to large, privately owned companies. Bobo joined HORNE in 1992 and has more than 25 years of public accounting experience providing assurance and advisory services with specific knowledge of construction, non-profits and small businesses. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants and Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants. Bobo currently serves as the national president of the Construction Industry Certified Public Accountants/Consultants Association.
Scott serves as the firm’s director of tax services and is a tax partner at HORNE. He joined the firm in 2002 and has more than 20 years of public accounting experience serving as a tax advisor to corporate, flow-through and individual clients. Scott is a graduate of Mississippi State University and a member of the American Institute for Certified Public Accountants and the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants. He serves on the State of Mississippi’s Business Reform Committee’s Limited Liability Company Laws Study Group, which was appointed by the secretary of state in 2009, and is the incoming president of the Adkerson School of Accounting Board at Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy