Hunt, Odom honored by NAAA
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Kevin M. Hunt and Janet S. “Jan” Odom of Mississippi State University are 2010 winners of honors given by the National Academic Advising Association. Hunt is receiving an Outstanding Academic Advising Award/Faculty Category, while she is a selection for an Outstanding Advising Certificate of Merit/Primary Role Category.
Hunt is an associate professor in the department of wildlife, fisheries and aquaculture; Odom, a member of the University Academic Advising Center professional staff. A Texas A&M University doctoral graduate, he joined the MSU faculty in 2001 and currently directs the department’s Human Dimensions and Conservation Law Enforcement Laboratory. He previously received campus awards for achievements in teaching and diversity efforts.
Odom is responsible for some 250 undeclared and special non-degree students. She holds two bachelor’s degrees from the University of North Alabama, and has completed graduate work at MSU. She joined the campus advising center in 1993 as a graduate assistant and became a full-time adviser in 1996.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing