Hunt, Odom honored by NAAA
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Kevin M. Hunt and Janet S. “Jan” Odom of Mississippi State University are 2010 winners of honors given by the National Academic Advising Association. Hunt is receiving an Outstanding Academic Advising Award/Faculty Category, while she is a selection for an Outstanding Advising Certificate of Merit/Primary Role Category.
Hunt is an associate professor in the department of wildlife, fisheries and aquaculture; Odom, a member of the University Academic Advising Center professional staff. A Texas A&M University doctoral graduate, he joined the MSU faculty in 2001 and currently directs the department’s Human Dimensions and Conservation Law Enforcement Laboratory. He previously received campus awards for achievements in teaching and diversity efforts.
Odom is responsible for some 250 undeclared and special non-degree students. She holds two bachelor’s degrees from the University of North Alabama, and has completed graduate work at MSU. She joined the campus advising center in 1993 as a graduate assistant and became a full-time adviser in 1996.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State