Hunt, Odom honored by NAAA
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Kevin M. Hunt and Janet S. “Jan” Odom of Mississippi State University are 2010 winners of honors given by the National Academic Advising Association. Hunt is receiving an Outstanding Academic Advising Award/Faculty Category, while she is a selection for an Outstanding Advising Certificate of Merit/Primary Role Category.
Hunt is an associate professor in the department of wildlife, fisheries and aquaculture; Odom, a member of the University Academic Advising Center professional staff. A Texas A&M University doctoral graduate, he joined the MSU faculty in 2001 and currently directs the department’s Human Dimensions and Conservation Law Enforcement Laboratory. He previously received campus awards for achievements in teaching and diversity efforts.
Odom is responsible for some 250 undeclared and special non-degree students. She holds two bachelor’s degrees from the University of North Alabama, and has completed graduate work at MSU. She joined the campus advising center in 1993 as a graduate assistant and became a full-time adviser in 1996.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up