Keeping Our Eye On: Amanda Young
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Education: B.A. in speech communication (University of Southern Mississippi)
Current position: Realtor, Coldwell Banker Nell Wyatt Inc.
Amanda Young says that residential real estate is “her first love.”
The lifelong Mississippian entered the real estate world as a licensed agent working under Coldwell Banker Don Nace of Hattiesburg. After moving to Jackson last April, Young joined the Ridgeland office of Coldwell Banker Nell Wyatt Inc. where she was named “Rookie of the Year” and multi-million producer her first year. She also worked for a year as a leasing agent for The Mattiace Company where she assisted in commercial development and negotiated contracts with attorneys.
Young is a member of Jackson Association of Realtors, Mississippi Association of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors. She is active in her community in the Marine Toys for Tots, the Children’s Miracle Network, the Salvation Army and Madison Countians Allied Against Poverty (MadCAAP).
Young is a member of Madison Heights Church in Madison and says that when she is not selling real estate, she enjoys fishing, tennis and jogging with her black lab, Magnum.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: New Stage Theater in Jackson
Must-have Mississippi food: Kiefer’s Restaurant in Jackson
Favorite Hangout: Trustmark Park in Pearl (especially when the Golden Eagles are in town to play)
Favorite Television Show: “The Office”
Favorite Movie: “Sleepless in Seattle”
Last Book Read: “Respectable Sins”
Best Role Model: My parents
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency