New Hall of Fame inductees announced
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Tags: Benjamin M. Carmichael, Bennett V. York, Doctor's Hall of Fame, Forrest General Healthcare Foundation, Francis R. Conn, H. Lamar Gillespie Sr., K. Ramsey O'Neal, Kate N. Aseme, T. Eric Hale, Thomas F. Puckett, Van C. Temple
The Forrest General Healthcare Foundation is pleased to announce that nine local physicians have been chosen as inductees for the second-annual Doctor’s Hall of Fame. This Hall of Fame is organized by the hospital’s foundation to honor those physicians who have contributed to the improvement of healthcare in Hattiesburg and to the growth and excellence of Forrest General Hospital. Any physician serving Forrest General who meets the specified criteria, whether they are still practicing, retired or deceased, may be nominated for this award.
Out of the 30 outstanding nominees submitted for this year’s induction, the following physicians will be honored for the Doctor’s Hall of Fame 2010: Kate N. Aseme, M.D.; Benjamin M. Carmichael, M.D.; Francis R. Conn, M.D.; H. Lamar Gillespie, Sr., M.D.; T. Eric Hale, M.D.; K. Ramsey O’Neal, M.D.; Thomas F. Puckett, M.D.; Van C. Temple, M.D.; and, Bennett V. York, D.D.S.
Nominees must have 10 years of service on Forrest General’s medical staff, and be highly involved, not only at Forrest General, but also in the community, medical societies and academia, and be considered a leader in their specialty. Inductees are chosen by a nomination sub-committee made up of members of Forrest General’s medical staff, administration and foundation as well as community members and retired physicians. A call for nominations will be released each fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'