New Hall of Fame inductees announced
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Tags: Benjamin M. Carmichael, Bennett V. York, Doctor's Hall of Fame, Forrest General Healthcare Foundation, Francis R. Conn, H. Lamar Gillespie Sr., K. Ramsey O'Neal, Kate N. Aseme, T. Eric Hale, Thomas F. Puckett, Van C. Temple
The Forrest General Healthcare Foundation is pleased to announce that nine local physicians have been chosen as inductees for the second-annual Doctor’s Hall of Fame. This Hall of Fame is organized by the hospital’s foundation to honor those physicians who have contributed to the improvement of healthcare in Hattiesburg and to the growth and excellence of Forrest General Hospital. Any physician serving Forrest General who meets the specified criteria, whether they are still practicing, retired or deceased, may be nominated for this award.
Out of the 30 outstanding nominees submitted for this year’s induction, the following physicians will be honored for the Doctor’s Hall of Fame 2010: Kate N. Aseme, M.D.; Benjamin M. Carmichael, M.D.; Francis R. Conn, M.D.; H. Lamar Gillespie, Sr., M.D.; T. Eric Hale, M.D.; K. Ramsey O’Neal, M.D.; Thomas F. Puckett, M.D.; Van C. Temple, M.D.; and, Bennett V. York, D.D.S.
Nominees must have 10 years of service on Forrest General’s medical staff, and be highly involved, not only at Forrest General, but also in the community, medical societies and academia, and be considered a leader in their specialty. Inductees are chosen by a nomination sub-committee made up of members of Forrest General’s medical staff, administration and foundation as well as community members and retired physicians. A call for nominations will be released each fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)