Prevost promoted, Pittman honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2010
Craig Prevost was recently named chief of Directorate of Public Works (DPW) Engineering Division at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC). In this position he will be responsible for planning, directing, controlling and reviewing activities that involve design, construction, maintenance and repair of ERDC facilities. A 25-year veteran of the Corps of Engineers, Prevost joined ERDC in 1989 as a mechanical engineer and project manager after spending time at the Vicksburg District and Cooper Lighting Industries. He served as acting chief of the Engineering Division for five months prior to being named to his new position.
Prevost earned a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering and a master’s in engineering management, both from Mississippi State University.
In a separate item, Dr. David Pittman, the director of the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) at the ERDC was recently awarded The Bronze Order of the de Fleury Medal. The medal, which was first created by the Continental Congress, honors individuals who have provided significant contributions to Army engineering. The Bronze de Fleury is one of the three variations of the award given by the Engineer Regimental Association.
Pittman was presented with the award for inspirational leadership to the Corps of Engineers and in recognition of 26 years of exceptional service to the Engineer Regiment, all but three of those years spent at ERDC. He has been in his current position, as GSL director, since 2005.
Pittman has a bachelor’s and a master’s from Mississippi State University and a doctorate from the University of Texas at Austin, all in civil engineering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Prevost promoted, Pittman honored”
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast