BP exec: Doing all we can, understand frustration
Published: May 24,2010
NEW ORLEANS — The executive in charge of fighting BP’s massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill says the company is doing everything it can to plug the seabed gusher but understands everybody is frustrated.
Doug Suttles, chief operating officer at BP PLC, went on all three network morning talks shows Monday with the same message: BP knows frustration is growing that it hasn’t been able to cap the gusher in more than a month.
Suttles said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” that BP’s next shot at stopping the blown-out well this week stands a very good chance of success. But he said the global oil company has more plans in case the latest efforts fails, like several before it.
BP plans to try to stop the breach Wednesday with heavy mud and cement, a maneuver called a top kill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image