BP exec: Doing all we can, understand frustration
by Associated Press
Published: May 24,2010
NEW ORLEANS — The executive in charge of fighting BP’s massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill says the company is doing everything it can to plug the seabed gusher but understands everybody is frustrated.
Doug Suttles, chief operating officer at BP PLC, went on all three network morning talks shows Monday with the same message: BP knows frustration is growing that it hasn’t been able to cap the gusher in more than a month.
Suttles said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” that BP’s next shot at stopping the blown-out well this week stands a very good chance of success. But he said the global oil company has more plans in case the latest efforts fails, like several before it.
BP plans to try to stop the breach Wednesday with heavy mud and cement, a maneuver called a top kill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip