BP exec: Doing all we can, understand frustration
by Associated Press
Published: May 24,2010
NEW ORLEANS — The executive in charge of fighting BP’s massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill says the company is doing everything it can to plug the seabed gusher but understands everybody is frustrated.
Doug Suttles, chief operating officer at BP PLC, went on all three network morning talks shows Monday with the same message: BP knows frustration is growing that it hasn’t been able to cap the gusher in more than a month.
Suttles said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” that BP’s next shot at stopping the blown-out well this week stands a very good chance of success. But he said the global oil company has more plans in case the latest efforts fails, like several before it.
BP plans to try to stop the breach Wednesday with heavy mud and cement, a maneuver called a top kill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State