BP exec: Doing all we can, understand frustration
by Associated Press
Published: May 24,2010
NEW ORLEANS — The executive in charge of fighting BP’s massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill says the company is doing everything it can to plug the seabed gusher but understands everybody is frustrated.
Doug Suttles, chief operating officer at BP PLC, went on all three network morning talks shows Monday with the same message: BP knows frustration is growing that it hasn’t been able to cap the gusher in more than a month.
Suttles said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” that BP’s next shot at stopping the blown-out well this week stands a very good chance of success. But he said the global oil company has more plans in case the latest efforts fails, like several before it.
BP plans to try to stop the breach Wednesday with heavy mud and cement, a maneuver called a top kill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom