Casting for Mississippi movie coming soon
Published: May 24,2010
HATTIESBURG — Future Mississippi movie stars may take their first steps toward fame in a couple of weeks.
The Hattiesburg American reported on Saturday that casting for extras and minor roles could begin in the Mississippi Delta as crews prepare to shoot “The Help,” a DreamWorks Studios film based on a best-selling book.
Producer Brunson Green says the film crew is now focused on a few specific parts, such as white twins or triplets who could play girls around 3. Green said open call auditions will soon be announced.
Director Tate Taylor, who also wrote the movie’s script, said the a search for people to fill a few speaking roles will take place toward the end of filming.
The book is a tale about black maids living in Jackson in the 1960s.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Casting for Mississippi movie coming soon”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange