Casting for Mississippi movie coming soon
Published: May 24,2010
HATTIESBURG — Future Mississippi movie stars may take their first steps toward fame in a couple of weeks.
The Hattiesburg American reported on Saturday that casting for extras and minor roles could begin in the Mississippi Delta as crews prepare to shoot “The Help,” a DreamWorks Studios film based on a best-selling book.
Producer Brunson Green says the film crew is now focused on a few specific parts, such as white twins or triplets who could play girls around 3. Green said open call auditions will soon be announced.
Director Tate Taylor, who also wrote the movie’s script, said the a search for people to fill a few speaking roles will take place toward the end of filming.
The book is a tale about black maids living in Jackson in the 1960s.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Casting for Mississippi movie coming soon”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast