Casting for Mississippi movie coming soon
by Associated Press
Published: May 24,2010
HATTIESBURG — Future Mississippi movie stars may take their first steps toward fame in a couple of weeks.
The Hattiesburg American reported on Saturday that casting for extras and minor roles could begin in the Mississippi Delta as crews prepare to shoot “The Help,” a DreamWorks Studios film based on a best-selling book.
Producer Brunson Green says the film crew is now focused on a few specific parts, such as white twins or triplets who could play girls around 3. Green said open call auditions will soon be announced.
Director Tate Taylor, who also wrote the movie’s script, said the a search for people to fill a few speaking roles will take place toward the end of filming.
The book is a tale about black maids living in Jackson in the 1960s.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Casting for Mississippi movie coming soon”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections