Casting for Mississippi movie coming soon
Published: May 24,2010
HATTIESBURG — Future Mississippi movie stars may take their first steps toward fame in a couple of weeks.
The Hattiesburg American reported on Saturday that casting for extras and minor roles could begin in the Mississippi Delta as crews prepare to shoot “The Help,” a DreamWorks Studios film based on a best-selling book.
Producer Brunson Green says the film crew is now focused on a few specific parts, such as white twins or triplets who could play girls around 3. Green said open call auditions will soon be announced.
Director Tate Taylor, who also wrote the movie’s script, said the a search for people to fill a few speaking roles will take place toward the end of filming.
The book is a tale about black maids living in Jackson in the 1960s.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Casting for Mississippi movie coming soon”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19