New firefighting facility set to opening
Published: May 24,2010
MOSS POINT — A new $609,000 fire station is set to open at Trent Lott International Airport.
The Jackson County Airport Authority is holding a grand opening ceremony for the new Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Facility on Thursday.
The Sun Herald reports the new facility will be manned by firefighters from the Moss Point Fire Department through a cooperation agreement between the City of Moss Point and the Jackson County Airport Authority.
The ARFF was designed by the Airport Development Group and constructed by Advance Building Specialists. The facility will accommodate a four person fire-rescue shift and necessary equipment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer