New firefighting facility set to opening
by Associated Press
Published: May 24,2010
MOSS POINT — A new $609,000 fire station is set to open at Trent Lott International Airport.
The Jackson County Airport Authority is holding a grand opening ceremony for the new Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Facility on Thursday.
The Sun Herald reports the new facility will be manned by firefighters from the Moss Point Fire Department through a cooperation agreement between the City of Moss Point and the Jackson County Airport Authority.
The ARFF was designed by the Airport Development Group and constructed by Advance Building Specialists. The facility will accommodate a four person fire-rescue shift and necessary equipment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide