New firefighting facility set to opening
Published: May 24,2010
MOSS POINT — A new $609,000 fire station is set to open at Trent Lott International Airport.
The Jackson County Airport Authority is holding a grand opening ceremony for the new Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Facility on Thursday.
The Sun Herald reports the new facility will be manned by firefighters from the Moss Point Fire Department through a cooperation agreement between the City of Moss Point and the Jackson County Airport Authority.
The ARFF was designed by the Airport Development Group and constructed by Advance Building Specialists. The facility will accommodate a four person fire-rescue shift and necessary equipment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager