New firefighting facility set to opening
Published: May 24,2010
MOSS POINT — A new $609,000 fire station is set to open at Trent Lott International Airport.
The Jackson County Airport Authority is holding a grand opening ceremony for the new Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Facility on Thursday.
The Sun Herald reports the new facility will be manned by firefighters from the Moss Point Fire Department through a cooperation agreement between the City of Moss Point and the Jackson County Airport Authority.
The ARFF was designed by the Airport Development Group and constructed by Advance Building Specialists. The facility will accommodate a four person fire-rescue shift and necessary equipment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending