New firefighting facility set to opening
Published: May 24,2010
MOSS POINT — A new $609,000 fire station is set to open at Trent Lott International Airport.
The Jackson County Airport Authority is holding a grand opening ceremony for the new Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Facility on Thursday.
The Sun Herald reports the new facility will be manned by firefighters from the Moss Point Fire Department through a cooperation agreement between the City of Moss Point and the Jackson County Airport Authority.
The ARFF was designed by the Airport Development Group and constructed by Advance Building Specialists. The facility will accommodate a four person fire-rescue shift and necessary equipment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years