Some Gulf waters reopened
Published: May 24,2010
BATON ROUGE, La. — Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has reopened waters to recreational and commercial fishing in portions of the state waters south of Marsh Island in Iberia and Vermilion parishes.
The reopening was effective Monday.
This area was originally closed on May 18, because of a confirmed report of oil on a small section of the southern shoreline of Marsh Island. Since that time, no additional oil has been reported from the area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game