Sanderson Farms boosts profit
Published: May 25,2010
For the January-through-March period, Sanderson Farms earned $35.1 million, or $1.62 per share, compared with year-ago earnings in the second quarter of $26.2 million, or $1.25 per share.
Revenue rose from $426.8 million to $487.1 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters, on average, had forecast per-share earnings of $1.44 and revenue of $489.5 million for the latest quarter.
Despite a continued downturn in restaurant demand, the company said it sold 16 percent more fresh chicken during the quarter, which also reduced its non-feed related costs per pound.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail