Sanderson Farms boosts profit
Published: May 25,2010
For the January-through-March period, Sanderson Farms earned $35.1 million, or $1.62 per share, compared with year-ago earnings in the second quarter of $26.2 million, or $1.25 per share.
Revenue rose from $426.8 million to $487.1 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters, on average, had forecast per-share earnings of $1.44 and revenue of $489.5 million for the latest quarter.
Despite a continued downturn in restaurant demand, the company said it sold 16 percent more fresh chicken during the quarter, which also reduced its non-feed related costs per pound.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday