Sanderson Farms boosts profit
Published: May 25,2010
For the January-through-March period, Sanderson Farms earned $35.1 million, or $1.62 per share, compared with year-ago earnings in the second quarter of $26.2 million, or $1.25 per share.
Revenue rose from $426.8 million to $487.1 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters, on average, had forecast per-share earnings of $1.44 and revenue of $489.5 million for the latest quarter.
Despite a continued downturn in restaurant demand, the company said it sold 16 percent more fresh chicken during the quarter, which also reduced its non-feed related costs per pound.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center