Schimmel’s restaurant has closed
Schimmel’s, a fine dining restaurant at 2615 North State Street in Jackson’s Fondren district, has closed.The restaurant filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2009, and continued to operate as it looked for a buyer. It was converted to Chapter for liquidation on Friday.
Court records show the restaurant had between $1,000,000 and $10,000,000 in assets, and between $500,000 and $1,000,000 in liabilities. It has operated since 1999.
Chef Jay Schimmel, a fifth-generation Mississippian and former All-American football player for the University of Mississippi, graduated first in his class at the California Culinary School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Schimmel’s restaurant has closed”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again