Schimmel’s restaurant has closed
Schimmel’s, a fine dining restaurant at 2615 North State Street in Jackson’s Fondren district, has closed.The restaurant filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2009, and continued to operate as it looked for a buyer. It was converted to Chapter for liquidation on Friday.
Court records show the restaurant had between $1,000,000 and $10,000,000 in assets, and between $500,000 and $1,000,000 in liabilities. It has operated since 1999.
Chef Jay Schimmel, a fifth-generation Mississippian and former All-American football player for the University of Mississippi, graduated first in his class at the California Culinary School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Schimmel’s restaurant has closed”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger