Schimmel’s restaurant has closed
Schimmel’s, a fine dining restaurant at 2615 North State Street in Jackson’s Fondren district, has closed.The restaurant filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2009, and continued to operate as it looked for a buyer. It was converted to Chapter for liquidation on Friday.
Court records show the restaurant had between $1,000,000 and $10,000,000 in assets, and between $500,000 and $1,000,000 in liabilities. It has operated since 1999.
Chef Jay Schimmel, a fifth-generation Mississippian and former All-American football player for the University of Mississippi, graduated first in his class at the California Culinary School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Schimmel’s restaurant has closed”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey