Schimmel’s restaurant has closed
Schimmel’s, a fine dining restaurant at 2615 North State Street in Jackson’s Fondren district, has closed.The restaurant filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2009, and continued to operate as it looked for a buyer. It was converted to Chapter for liquidation on Friday.
Court records show the restaurant had between $1,000,000 and $10,000,000 in assets, and between $500,000 and $1,000,000 in liabilities. It has operated since 1999.
Chef Jay Schimmel, a fifth-generation Mississippian and former All-American football player for the University of Mississippi, graduated first in his class at the California Culinary School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Schimmel’s restaurant has closed”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant