Schimmel’s restaurant has closed
Schimmel’s, a fine dining restaurant at 2615 North State Street in Jackson’s Fondren district, has closed.The restaurant filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2009, and continued to operate as it looked for a buyer. It was converted to Chapter for liquidation on Friday.
Court records show the restaurant had between $1,000,000 and $10,000,000 in assets, and between $500,000 and $1,000,000 in liabilities. It has operated since 1999.
Chef Jay Schimmel, a fifth-generation Mississippian and former All-American football player for the University of Mississippi, graduated first in his class at the California Culinary School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Schimmel’s restaurant has closed”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband