Nunnelee, Palazzo lead in primary campaign cash
Published: May 26,2010
JACKSON — Two state lawmakers running for Congress have collected more campaign cash than their opponents in next Tuesday’s primaries.
The latest finance reports show that in north Mississippi’s 1st District Republican primary, state Sen. Alan Nunnelee collected $642,968. That compares to $127,251 for former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and $87,093 for former Fox News analyst Angela McGlowan.
The Republican nominee faces Democratic incumbent Travis Childers and seven other candidates in November.
In the Republican primary in south Mississippi’s 4th District, state Rep. Steven Palazzo collected $152,939 and businessman Joe Tegerdine collected $58,174.
The winner faces Democratic incumbent Gene Taylor and two others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators