Nunnelee, Palazzo lead in primary campaign cash
by Associated Press
Published: May 26,2010
JACKSON — Two state lawmakers running for Congress have collected more campaign cash than their opponents in next Tuesday’s primaries.
The latest finance reports show that in north Mississippi’s 1st District Republican primary, state Sen. Alan Nunnelee collected $642,968. That compares to $127,251 for former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and $87,093 for former Fox News analyst Angela McGlowan.
The Republican nominee faces Democratic incumbent Travis Childers and seven other candidates in November.
In the Republican primary in south Mississippi’s 4th District, state Rep. Steven Palazzo collected $152,939 and businessman Joe Tegerdine collected $58,174.
The winner faces Democratic incumbent Gene Taylor and two others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'