Nunnelee, Palazzo lead in primary campaign cash
Published: May 26,2010
JACKSON — Two state lawmakers running for Congress have collected more campaign cash than their opponents in next Tuesday’s primaries.
The latest finance reports show that in north Mississippi’s 1st District Republican primary, state Sen. Alan Nunnelee collected $642,968. That compares to $127,251 for former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and $87,093 for former Fox News analyst Angela McGlowan.
The Republican nominee faces Democratic incumbent Travis Childers and seven other candidates in November.
In the Republican primary in south Mississippi’s 4th District, state Rep. Steven Palazzo collected $152,939 and businessman Joe Tegerdine collected $58,174.
The winner faces Democratic incumbent Gene Taylor and two others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player