Nunnelee, Palazzo lead in primary campaign cash
by Associated Press
Published: May 26,2010
JACKSON — Two state lawmakers running for Congress have collected more campaign cash than their opponents in next Tuesday’s primaries.
The latest finance reports show that in north Mississippi’s 1st District Republican primary, state Sen. Alan Nunnelee collected $642,968. That compares to $127,251 for former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and $87,093 for former Fox News analyst Angela McGlowan.
The Republican nominee faces Democratic incumbent Travis Childers and seven other candidates in November.
In the Republican primary in south Mississippi’s 4th District, state Rep. Steven Palazzo collected $152,939 and businessman Joe Tegerdine collected $58,174.
The winner faces Democratic incumbent Gene Taylor and two others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi