Nunnelee, Palazzo lead in primary campaign cash
Published: May 26,2010
JACKSON — Two state lawmakers running for Congress have collected more campaign cash than their opponents in next Tuesday’s primaries.
The latest finance reports show that in north Mississippi’s 1st District Republican primary, state Sen. Alan Nunnelee collected $642,968. That compares to $127,251 for former Eupora Mayor Henry Ross and $87,093 for former Fox News analyst Angela McGlowan.
The Republican nominee faces Democratic incumbent Travis Childers and seven other candidates in November.
In the Republican primary in south Mississippi’s 4th District, state Rep. Steven Palazzo collected $152,939 and businessman Joe Tegerdine collected $58,174.
The winner faces Democratic incumbent Gene Taylor and two others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division