State unemployment drops
Published: May 26,2010
That represents a drop from March, when the state’s unemployment rate sat at 11.2 percent.
In April, Rankin County had Mississippi’s lowest rate of unemployment, with 6.9 percent. Noxubee County had the highest, at 20.4 percent. Noxubee joined Holmes County, parts of which were destroyed by the April tornado, as the only two counties in the state whose unemployment rates either reached or exceeded 20 percent.
In April 2009, Mississippi’s unemployment rate stood at 8.5 percent.
For April 2010, the national unemployment rate was 9.5 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State unemployment drops”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino