State unemployment drops
Published: May 26,2010
That represents a drop from March, when the state’s unemployment rate sat at 11.2 percent.
In April, Rankin County had Mississippi’s lowest rate of unemployment, with 6.9 percent. Noxubee County had the highest, at 20.4 percent. Noxubee joined Holmes County, parts of which were destroyed by the April tornado, as the only two counties in the state whose unemployment rates either reached or exceeded 20 percent.
In April 2009, Mississippi’s unemployment rate stood at 8.5 percent.
For April 2010, the national unemployment rate was 9.5 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State unemployment drops”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping