State unemployment drops
Published: May 26,2010
That represents a drop from March, when the state’s unemployment rate sat at 11.2 percent.
In April, Rankin County had Mississippi’s lowest rate of unemployment, with 6.9 percent. Noxubee County had the highest, at 20.4 percent. Noxubee joined Holmes County, parts of which were destroyed by the April tornado, as the only two counties in the state whose unemployment rates either reached or exceeded 20 percent.
In April 2009, Mississippi’s unemployment rate stood at 8.5 percent.
For April 2010, the national unemployment rate was 9.5 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State unemployment drops”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company