State unemployment drops
Published: May 26,2010
That represents a drop from March, when the state’s unemployment rate sat at 11.2 percent.
In April, Rankin County had Mississippi’s lowest rate of unemployment, with 6.9 percent. Noxubee County had the highest, at 20.4 percent. Noxubee joined Holmes County, parts of which were destroyed by the April tornado, as the only two counties in the state whose unemployment rates either reached or exceeded 20 percent.
In April 2009, Mississippi’s unemployment rate stood at 8.5 percent.
For April 2010, the national unemployment rate was 9.5 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State unemployment drops”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love