State unemployment drops
by Clay Chandler
Published: May 26,2010
That represents a drop from March, when the state’s unemployment rate sat at 11.2 percent.
In April, Rankin County had Mississippi’s lowest rate of unemployment, with 6.9 percent. Noxubee County had the highest, at 20.4 percent. Noxubee joined Holmes County, parts of which were destroyed by the April tornado, as the only two counties in the state whose unemployment rates either reached or exceeded 20 percent.
In April 2009, Mississippi’s unemployment rate stood at 8.5 percent.
For April 2010, the national unemployment rate was 9.5 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State unemployment drops”
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery