New company to bring 240 jobs
Published: May 28,2010
COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — Officials say a Wisconsin automotive supplier will located a plant in Columbus and bring in about 240 jobs.
Columbus-Lowndes Development Link CEO Joe Higgins tells The Commercial Dispatch that Janesville Acoustics will locate in a building formerly occupied by American Nonwovens, off Mississippi Highway 69.
Higgins says a formal announcement will be made later.
According to the company website, Milwaukee-based Janesville Acoustics is one of the world’s largest producers of acoustical and thermal fiber insulation and a leading producer of automotive decorative trim and molded fiber products.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “New company to bring 240 jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways