UM-MSU task force to focus on NE Miss.
TUPELO, Miss. (AP) – Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones have announced a new joint task force focused on the growth of Northeast Mississippi.
The announcement came Thursday at the 14th annual CREATE State of the Region meeting in Tupelo.
The new joint task force will include the provosts of both universities, as well as their student affairs officers and deans of education, business and engineering.
The group will focus on education on all levels and will look to work with other education entities. It also will seek ways to attract businesses and industries to the region and to expand research and technical development. It will make recommendations that can be implemented at the universities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life