UM-MSU task force to focus on NE Miss.
TUPELO, Miss. (AP) – Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones have announced a new joint task force focused on the growth of Northeast Mississippi.
The announcement came Thursday at the 14th annual CREATE State of the Region meeting in Tupelo.
The new joint task force will include the provosts of both universities, as well as their student affairs officers and deans of education, business and engineering.
The group will focus on education on all levels and will look to work with other education entities. It also will seek ways to attract businesses and industries to the region and to expand research and technical development. It will make recommendations that can be implemented at the universities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams