UM-MSU task force to focus on NE Miss.
TUPELO, Miss. (AP) – Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones have announced a new joint task force focused on the growth of Northeast Mississippi.
The announcement came Thursday at the 14th annual CREATE State of the Region meeting in Tupelo.
The new joint task force will include the provosts of both universities, as well as their student affairs officers and deans of education, business and engineering.
The group will focus on education on all levels and will look to work with other education entities. It also will seek ways to attract businesses and industries to the region and to expand research and technical development. It will make recommendations that can be implemented at the universities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal