UM-MSU task force to focus on NE Miss.
TUPELO, Miss. (AP) – Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones have announced a new joint task force focused on the growth of Northeast Mississippi.
The announcement came Thursday at the 14th annual CREATE State of the Region meeting in Tupelo.
The new joint task force will include the provosts of both universities, as well as their student affairs officers and deans of education, business and engineering.
The group will focus on education on all levels and will look to work with other education entities. It also will seek ways to attract businesses and industries to the region and to expand research and technical development. It will make recommendations that can be implemented at the universities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil