UM-MSU task force to focus on NE Miss.
TUPELO, Miss. (AP) – Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum and University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones have announced a new joint task force focused on the growth of Northeast Mississippi.
The announcement came Thursday at the 14th annual CREATE State of the Region meeting in Tupelo.
The new joint task force will include the provosts of both universities, as well as their student affairs officers and deans of education, business and engineering.
The group will focus on education on all levels and will look to work with other education entities. It also will seek ways to attract businesses and industries to the region and to expand research and technical development. It will make recommendations that can be implemented at the universities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years