Gershon named UM law school dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
Richard Gershon, founding dean of the Charleston (S.C.) School of Law, has been named the new dean of the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Gershon’s appointment begins July 1, pending approval by the state College Board. He replaces Samuel Davis, who is returning to teaching.
Gershon also served in administrative and academic roles at Texas Wesleyan University, Stetson University and Ohio Northern University law schools.
He earned his master of laws degree in taxation from the University of Florida, his juris doctorate from the University of Tennessee and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson
- Supermarket incentives for distressed communities die in House