Gershon named UM law school dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
Richard Gershon, founding dean of the Charleston (S.C.) School of Law, has been named the new dean of the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Gershon’s appointment begins July 1, pending approval by the state College Board. He replaces Samuel Davis, who is returning to teaching.
Gershon also served in administrative and academic roles at Texas Wesleyan University, Stetson University and Ohio Northern University law schools.
He earned his master of laws degree in taxation from the University of Florida, his juris doctorate from the University of Tennessee and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions