Gershon named UM law school dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
Richard Gershon, founding dean of the Charleston (S.C.) School of Law, has been named the new dean of the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Gershon’s appointment begins July 1, pending approval by the state College Board. He replaces Samuel Davis, who is returning to teaching.
Gershon also served in administrative and academic roles at Texas Wesleyan University, Stetson University and Ohio Northern University law schools.
He earned his master of laws degree in taxation from the University of Florida, his juris doctorate from the University of Tennessee and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss