Gershon named UM law school dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
Richard Gershon, founding dean of the Charleston (S.C.) School of Law, has been named the new dean of the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Gershon’s appointment begins July 1, pending approval by the state College Board. He replaces Samuel Davis, who is returning to teaching.
Gershon also served in administrative and academic roles at Texas Wesleyan University, Stetson University and Ohio Northern University law schools.
He earned his master of laws degree in taxation from the University of Florida, his juris doctorate from the University of Tennessee and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast