Gershon named UM law school dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
Richard Gershon, founding dean of the Charleston (S.C.) School of Law, has been named the new dean of the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Gershon’s appointment begins July 1, pending approval by the state College Board. He replaces Samuel Davis, who is returning to teaching.
Gershon also served in administrative and academic roles at Texas Wesleyan University, Stetson University and Ohio Northern University law schools.
He earned his master of laws degree in taxation from the University of Florida, his juris doctorate from the University of Tennessee and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal