Hancock presents Seal Awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
During the 14th-annual Leo W. Seal Teacher Recognition Awards program, state leaders, veteran bankers and longtime Gulf Coast community leaders hailed the instructional expertise and prize-winning proposals of five outstanding teachers in Hancock, Harrison, Jackson and Lamar counties. Selected from more than 150 nominees in seven counties based on past and planned classroom teaching applications, 2010 Seal award recipients are Jeanette Baucum of Biloxi High School; Roma Flowers of Oak Park Elementary School in Ocean Springs; Jill Lipski of Reeves Elementary School in Long Beach; Amy Rogers of Purvis Upper Elementary School; and, Jordan Roy of St. Stanislaus College.
Each winner received a one-time $1,500 grant for innovative value-added educational projects that support state requirements, a $150 gift card and a pewter apple handcrafted exclusively for Hancock Bank by John Cannon of Ballard Pewter, Ltd., in Ocean Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios