Hancock presents Seal Awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
During the 14th-annual Leo W. Seal Teacher Recognition Awards program, state leaders, veteran bankers and longtime Gulf Coast community leaders hailed the instructional expertise and prize-winning proposals of five outstanding teachers in Hancock, Harrison, Jackson and Lamar counties. Selected from more than 150 nominees in seven counties based on past and planned classroom teaching applications, 2010 Seal award recipients are Jeanette Baucum of Biloxi High School; Roma Flowers of Oak Park Elementary School in Ocean Springs; Jill Lipski of Reeves Elementary School in Long Beach; Amy Rogers of Purvis Upper Elementary School; and, Jordan Roy of St. Stanislaus College.
Each winner received a one-time $1,500 grant for innovative value-added educational projects that support state requirements, a $150 gift card and a pewter apple handcrafted exclusively for Hancock Bank by John Cannon of Ballard Pewter, Ltd., in Ocean Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan