Hancock presents Seal Awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
During the 14th-annual Leo W. Seal Teacher Recognition Awards program, state leaders, veteran bankers and longtime Gulf Coast community leaders hailed the instructional expertise and prize-winning proposals of five outstanding teachers in Hancock, Harrison, Jackson and Lamar counties. Selected from more than 150 nominees in seven counties based on past and planned classroom teaching applications, 2010 Seal award recipients are Jeanette Baucum of Biloxi High School; Roma Flowers of Oak Park Elementary School in Ocean Springs; Jill Lipski of Reeves Elementary School in Long Beach; Amy Rogers of Purvis Upper Elementary School; and, Jordan Roy of St. Stanislaus College.
Each winner received a one-time $1,500 grant for innovative value-added educational projects that support state requirements, a $150 gift card and a pewter apple handcrafted exclusively for Hancock Bank by John Cannon of Ballard Pewter, Ltd., in Ocean Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal