Hancock presents Seal Awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 30,2010
During the 14th-annual Leo W. Seal Teacher Recognition Awards program, state leaders, veteran bankers and longtime Gulf Coast community leaders hailed the instructional expertise and prize-winning proposals of five outstanding teachers in Hancock, Harrison, Jackson and Lamar counties. Selected from more than 150 nominees in seven counties based on past and planned classroom teaching applications, 2010 Seal award recipients are Jeanette Baucum of Biloxi High School; Roma Flowers of Oak Park Elementary School in Ocean Springs; Jill Lipski of Reeves Elementary School in Long Beach; Amy Rogers of Purvis Upper Elementary School; and, Jordan Roy of St. Stanislaus College.
Each winner received a one-time $1,500 grant for innovative value-added educational projects that support state requirements, a $150 gift card and a pewter apple handcrafted exclusively for Hancock Bank by John Cannon of Ballard Pewter, Ltd., in Ocean Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years