ATK abandons expansion, repays state funds
IUKA — The Mississippi Development Authority says a Minneapolis-based company has canceled plans to add 600 jobs in Tishomingo County, and has repaid $30 million in state incentive payments.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reported Saturday that Alliant Techsystems Inc. cited the economic downturn and a need to consolidate work on Airbus airplanes.
ATK announced in February 2009 that it would build composite parts for the planaes at its plant in Yellow Creek, near Iuka.
A news release from the development authority says company officials don’t expect the decision to affect the plant’s 160 current workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition