Barbour: Residue from BP oil spill has reached Petit Bois Island
Published: June 1,2010
JACKSON- Gov. Haley Barbour announced in a Tuesday afternoon press conference that remnants of the nation’s largest oil spill have reached the Mississippi Barrier Islands.
MBJ staff writer Clay Chandler has more about this latest development in the Magnolia Marketplace.
See here for related video.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?