Barbour: Residue from BP oil spill has reached Petit Bois Island
by Stephen McDill
Published: June 1,2010
JACKSON- Gov. Haley Barbour announced in a Tuesday afternoon press conference that remnants of the nation’s largest oil spill have reached the Mississippi Barrier Islands.
MBJ staff writer Clay Chandler has more about this latest development in the Magnolia Marketplace.
See here for related video.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!