Barbour: Residue from BP oil spill has reached Petit Bois Island
Published: June 1,2010
JACKSON- Gov. Haley Barbour announced in a Tuesday afternoon press conference that remnants of the nation’s largest oil spill have reached the Mississippi Barrier Islands.
MBJ staff writer Clay Chandler has more about this latest development in the Magnolia Marketplace.
See here for related video.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts