Barbour: Residue from BP oil spill has reached Petit Bois Island
Published: June 1,2010
JACKSON- Gov. Haley Barbour announced in a Tuesday afternoon press conference that remnants of the nation’s largest oil spill have reached the Mississippi Barrier Islands.
MBJ staff writer Clay Chandler has more about this latest development in the Magnolia Marketplace.
See here for related video.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium