Twin Creeks breaks ground for plant
SENATOBIA — Twin Creeks Technologies has broken ground for its new solar panel manufacturing facility in Senatobia. The venture-backed solar technology manufacturing company announced it would be locating its new facility in Senatobia in April.
“Construction of Twin Creeks’ 100-megawatt solar manufacturing site is rapidly ramping up. We are delighted at the diligence and speed at which this project is progressing. We are starting construction and our hiring plan is taking shape,” said Siva Sivaram, chairman and CEO of Twin Creeks.
From its new facility, Twin Creeks will use its proprietary technology to produce photovoltaic solar panels. The project will create 512 jobs in two phases, and it represents a company investment of more than $175 million. Initially, the facility will be 80,000-square feet, with plans to quickly expand to 250,000-square feet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software