Twin Creeks breaks ground for plant
SENATOBIA — Twin Creeks Technologies has broken ground for its new solar panel manufacturing facility in Senatobia. The venture-backed solar technology manufacturing company announced it would be locating its new facility in Senatobia in April.
“Construction of Twin Creeks’ 100-megawatt solar manufacturing site is rapidly ramping up. We are delighted at the diligence and speed at which this project is progressing. We are starting construction and our hiring plan is taking shape,” said Siva Sivaram, chairman and CEO of Twin Creeks.
From its new facility, Twin Creeks will use its proprietary technology to produce photovoltaic solar panels. The project will create 512 jobs in two phases, and it represents a company investment of more than $175 million. Initially, the facility will be 80,000-square feet, with plans to quickly expand to 250,000-square feet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point