Albany Industries buys plant, expanding
TIPPAH COUNTY — Albany Industries is expanding its manufacturing base into Tippah County with the recent purchase of the 260,000-square-foot Agracel facility in the North Ripley Industrial Park.
Production capacity had reached a peak in the company’s New Albany facility and additional manufacturing space was needed, according to Richie McLarty, president of Albany Industries.
Company representatives indicate that as many as 200 new jobs will be created at the new facility with production scheduled to begin in late June.
Terry Treadaway, vice president of logistics and shipping, said that the new facility will be a manufacturing facility and typically a customer pickup location. Very little of the building will be used for warehousing or storage of finished goods.
Albany Industries is an upholstered furniture manufacturer that was founded in 1995 in New Albany with 15 employees in a 10,000-square-foot facility. Since then, the company has grown to almost 500 employees in almost 700,000 square feet of manufacturing space in Union County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects