Albany Industries buys plant, expanding
TIPPAH COUNTY — Albany Industries is expanding its manufacturing base into Tippah County with the recent purchase of the 260,000-square-foot Agracel facility in the North Ripley Industrial Park.
Production capacity had reached a peak in the company’s New Albany facility and additional manufacturing space was needed, according to Richie McLarty, president of Albany Industries.
Company representatives indicate that as many as 200 new jobs will be created at the new facility with production scheduled to begin in late June.
Terry Treadaway, vice president of logistics and shipping, said that the new facility will be a manufacturing facility and typically a customer pickup location. Very little of the building will be used for warehousing or storage of finished goods.
Albany Industries is an upholstered furniture manufacturer that was founded in 1995 in New Albany with 15 employees in a 10,000-square-foot facility. Since then, the company has grown to almost 500 employees in almost 700,000 square feet of manufacturing space in Union County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible