Albany Industries buys plant, expanding
TIPPAH COUNTY — Albany Industries is expanding its manufacturing base into Tippah County with the recent purchase of the 260,000-square-foot Agracel facility in the North Ripley Industrial Park.
Production capacity had reached a peak in the company’s New Albany facility and additional manufacturing space was needed, according to Richie McLarty, president of Albany Industries.
Company representatives indicate that as many as 200 new jobs will be created at the new facility with production scheduled to begin in late June.
Terry Treadaway, vice president of logistics and shipping, said that the new facility will be a manufacturing facility and typically a customer pickup location. Very little of the building will be used for warehousing or storage of finished goods.
Albany Industries is an upholstered furniture manufacturer that was founded in 1995 in New Albany with 15 employees in a 10,000-square-foot facility. Since then, the company has grown to almost 500 employees in almost 700,000 square feet of manufacturing space in Union County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren